0-60 5.4 sec. '08 GMC Yukon Denali w/ Edge CS and a CAI.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IS this anyone here?

I also have an 08 and this is where I want mine to be

Couple of questions. Would the Edge CS be like the BB tune? I really love the display.

Also, I noticed his volts are always 16+, mine is always 14 or below depending if I am running AC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzuVL0CX6k

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that is close to a BB tune. I haven't had my truck to a track, but I would put money against that guy's Denali. I've spanked 2 different Escalades and all I have is BB tuning and an Airraid MIT with K&N filter. His truck is shifting at about 5700 RPM, and I mine pulls HARD to 6K before shifting. That's about the time every other Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade appears in my mirrors,,,, except for this one guy around here with a Silverado SS and a Magnacharger. That Edge programmer is not a BB tune.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its got a stalled converter, but mine shifts faster and harder at a higher RPM. BB would be the way to go IMO.

OP
OP
plush

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that is close to a BB tune. I haven't had my truck to a track, but I would put money against that guy's Denali. I've spanked 2 different Escalades and all I have is BB tuning and an Airraid MIT with K&N filter. His truck is shifting at about 5700 RPM, and I mine pulls HARD to 6K before shifting. That's about the time every other Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade appears in my mirrors,,,, except for this one guy around here with a Silverado SS and a Magnacharger. That Edge programmer is not a BB tune.

thanks for giving some insight. I was just wondering if anyone has had both or done a compare. If I am going to drop $400 - $600 I want to make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for giving some insight. I was just wondering if anyone has had both or done a compare. If I am going to drop $400 - $600 I want to make sure I am getting the best bang for my buck.

THIS. I want to do it so bad but the sticker shock is getting to me. Somebody console me. Tell me I need it! Haha

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Wait...is that vid with a 6.2L?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Do you have a 5.3L hoe? I'm guessing not since you beat two 6.2L Esky's??

OP
OP
plush

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THIS. I want to do it so bad but the sticker shock is getting to me. Somebody console me. Tell me I need it! Haha

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Wait...is that vid with a 6.2L?

I has to be right? It is an 08 Yukon Denali (6.2,same as mine) Don't all the 08 and up Denali come with 6.2l?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I waited too damn long for my BB Tune. I have the full Airaid CAI with performance cone shaped air filter and the modular intake tube and got the BB tuned in person. It was definitely worth the smoother/firmer shifting and the sport mode from the tow/haul button is a nice bonus :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I has to be right? It is an 08 Yukon Denali (6.2,same as mine) Don't all the 08 and up Denali come with 6.2l?

I was asking Fast55 who has a Tahoe... Yea all Denali's are... I was asking Fast55 because he said he beat two esky's in a race with just a CAI/BB Tune.

OP
OP
plush

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I waited too damn long for my BB Tune. I have the full Airaid CAI with performance cone shaped air filter and the modular intake tube and got the BB tuned in person. It was definitely worth the smoother/firmer shifting and the sport mode from the tow/haul button is a nice bonus :Handshake:

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

I was asking Fast55 who has a Tahoe... Yea all Denali's are... I was asking Fast55 because he said he beat two esky's in a race with just a CAI/BB Tune.

Ha, and I was answering ChrisAU. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan