0-100 Whipple 2.9 video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Sweet. I was kinda hoping it would sound louder though

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it...will it bury the needle ?

To me what is most impressive is that this performance comes in a box...with instructions and can be installed by any basic gear head taking his time.

I've been modifying cars and trucks for 50+ years and have to say that THIS ERA is the "Golden Age of Performance". As I think about it...this kind of performance is obtainable with a 3 ton brick with a bolt on Super Charger Kit, OEM cam, Factory Exhaust thru the CAT's , Stock Automatic , Stock Gearing. AMAZING !!

With a pair of Drag Radials and practice you're looking at low 12's~high 11's CONSISTENTLY with this rig...then drive it home on the freeway legally getting 20+ MPG.

I had a '70 426 HEMI 4 speed Challenger with 3:55 gears as well as a '70 SS 454 LS-6 Chevelle 4 speed that would do no better...and would not get better than 10~12 MPG coasting down hill !!!

Good Job !!

Last edited:

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I came back just to see what's happening and I see this. Well I'm not researching the Maggie for my truck

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Are you running any other gauges love i.e. Boost a/f or anything like that?

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony,

I know we are all partial to "The General" here and on many other forums. I think about the FOMOCO Trucks and SUV's and talk to friends about them from time to time. Everything from the factory in GM light duty pickups and SUV's is naturally aspirated. Ford goes with V-6 Small Displacement rigs that get get close to us in power and torque...but in my opinion...not in daily drive ability. Now you have just demonstrated how simple it is to make a T-Rex out of the LS V-8 that Arlington sends us which leads me to ask: In light duty Trucks & SUV's..do Ford and MOPAR really have a chance competing with us on the street regarding over all performance? I say no but would like your thoughts.

John

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i would not do the magnacharger 1.9 vs the whipple 2.9 period. Right now the truck pulls great but im used to my ctsv and z06 so i want more. I want to take steps here so we see what it does. Im going to dyno the truck on the whipple tune hopefully thursday. Then my buddy matt at GP Tuning will do his own tune and we will see what it makes.

My next round of mods will be a smaller pulley. I want to see how much power we can make on crappy 91 pump gas before going to meth. I think one pulley down to a 3.875 will be pretty good. Oh im ordering the afe 3/3.5 y pipe and taking off the cats and then doing a bigger resonator on the exhaust. the oem manifolds i feel are fine but the 3 cats they have on the newer trucks y pipes take away performance in my supercharged application. My cat back is full 3.5 so we are fine there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork