The Impossible Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

showerfan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
are we all looking at the same pictures here? the ones where the hybrid looks like an outdated rice burner that should be sporting neon lights under it for cruising up and down houston at night and the regular hoe looks like a truck that a real man could use to tow a horse trailer and run over a boatload of greenpeace grad students?

i would love it if we could find the answer to this, because that chinatown hybrid has much better torque and cowboy pick-up on the highway. the 6 liter is so much better than the 5.3, plus i actually get good mileage when i have to drive through the city's unbearable traffic. i just wish it looked like a rugged truck and not a teenager's dream.

i also wish it had the ventilated A/C seats that the LTZ does...

Last edited:
OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn it matt ... just when I got over it cause of the positive input, you've gone come and made me all insecure again and junk. :(

Ugh, now I'm reconsidering my decision to keep it. Btw, my bumper is actually perfect for dealing with hippies on account of it's snowplow effect. I don't even need to scrape it afterwards, they just slide right off. :)

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Jonathan, thank you for that ... I'll try to find my way through it.

Btw, there's a little serendipity with you posting on this thread cause there's something I've been meaning to tell you. I am in awe of how much of your time, effort, and energy to give to all the folks (especially the obs ones) on this forum. You must have saved so many people a great deal of money and time with the technical knowledge you generously provide. Since I don't own an obs truck there's seldom an opportunity for me to make you aware that your efforts are noted, respected, and appreciated ... I'm sure I speak for many when I say, thank you. :waytogo:

Cheers!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Jonathan, thank you for that ... I'll try to find my way through it.

Btw, there's a little serendipity with you posting on this thread cause there's something I've been meaning to tell you. I am in awe of how much of your time, effort, and energy to give to all the folks (especially the obs ones) on this forum. You must have saved so many people a great deal of money and time with the technical knowledge you generously provide. Since I don't own an obs truck there's seldom an opportunity for me to make you aware that your efforts are noted, respected, and appreciated ... I'm sure I speak for many when I say, thank you. :waytogo:

Cheers!

+1 on this. I always see him solving OBS problems on the reg. Great work and nice CLEAN looking OBS :Handshake:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still thinking ...

I'm trying to figure out a way to find a Tahoe near me that I can inspect with the hood open to see if all the attachment points are the same. Thanks to Timmy I established that the hood dimension at the latch is identical to the regular Hoe. That means that I now know that it will close properly without me having to change the latch assembly thingie.

Much much more to cross off the potential issue list but headway is being made.

Thinking ... :)

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmmm... go rent one from Enterprise for the day, bring it home, and check it. :Handshake:

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a great idea ...

Problem is that for some reason it's next to impossible to find a Tahoe for rent in the DC area ... but I'll keep looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrentL9900