Testing the water: FS/T 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys…

I’m considering getting rid of my PPV. I absolutely love it but I just have too many cars and this one doesn’t do anything that the others can’t do.

She is a 2013 that was brought to Chicago from Arizona. I am the second owner, and the first civilian owner. There is a full prisoner cage in the back as well as a cargo area that could be used for dogs. There is a police center console that is ready for you to mount stuff in. The siren is still mounted behind the front grille and there are lights on the running boards that have had their wires cut. The truck has dark tinted windows and rubber floors.

I purchased the vehicle at about 108k miles and soon after purchase I had it tuned by Speed, Inc., a local performance shop in the Chicago suburbs. It hauls ass on whatever kind of gas you want to feed it. DOD was disabled as well as all torque management and such. The 6L80E trans is a monster once it’s tuned right. There are now like 123k miles on the odometer and I would not hesitate to drive across the country tomorrow. This Tahoe is really solid and will serve the next enthusiast well. It needs absolutely nothing aside from routine maintenance items like any vehicle.

As far as mods… It has the Airaid modular intake tube and an AEM dry filter. The exhaust has a straight-through muffler and a stainless dual tip. It sounds almost silent at idle but really turns heads when you mash the pedal.

I have the front and rear solid sway bar package from… What is the brand? It’s still unopened. I could include it with the truck, either installed or just in the package as new bonus parts.

There is NO rust anywhere on this Tahoe. If you find a speck somewhere on the frame you could probably wipe it off with your finger, that’s how clean it is.

The truck is RWD. I was shooting for a muscle truck kind of thing.

The tires are Continental 275/50/18 that are almost new. The wheels are 18” OEM Silverado wheels that are in fantastic shape.

The truck was repainted before I bought it, probably just to cover up the old police graphics and such. Most people would say it looks clean af but if you are a paint snob then you will be able to point out a little bit of orange peel or maybe a drip somewhere.

There is one ding on the driver side quarter panel and one small crack in the front bumper. Besides that, the exterior is pretty mint. There is a hole from the spotlight, and I’ll include the spotlight if somebody feels like reinstalling it. The only real issue with the interior is that the top of the dash has screw holes and cracks from previous police equipment that has been removed.

I paid $14,900 for this truck less than 2 years ago and I have put thousands of dollars into it since then. I have receipts for everything. Don’t think I’m trying to make money here. If you are looking for a cheap cop car then this is not it. This is a really nice truck that has been lightly modded and daily driven by a GM enthusiast.

I’m looking for like $12.5k and I would consider trading for a cheaper 4x4 vehicle + cash. Potential trades would have to be rust free and ready to daily.
Located in Rockford, IL about 90 minutes west of Chicago.

More pics on request. Clean title in my name.

Matt
779-200-7004

IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_2217.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was out ripping around town in the Tahoe earlier today and just kept thinking how much fun it is to drive.

And I’m talking to myself like, “Man, imagine if I installed those sway bars I bought months ago”, and “Imagine if I got a high stall converter”, etc.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to install better swaybars in my ol' Z71.
Every time I swerve in it, feels like one of my nyutz is about to jump over the other one.

3.42 or 3.73 would be better for the 6L80E than a high stall converter, once you re-calibrate the tune.
It'd be quicker, and get even better city MpG too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar