Black tips on resonator delete kit????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. No spare because the truck has 26s on it now and the truck wouldn't drive right and something would probably break if I put a factory sized spare in place of at 33 inch tall wheel

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2008 Tahoe LT3 with SLP Resonator Delete.jpg
Issues, help

Nothing is bolted/tacked on yet, as a matter of fact its off the truck right now, i just need opinions......please. ...Do i want it level from a straight on side view or on a slight angle to follow the bumper. I like the amount exposed outside the bumper im just not sure if i should follow it and twist it a bit or let it out level. 1st pic is level 2nd is slightly angled to follow bumper and 3rd is the amount i let stick out....which i like. what do you think about the angle? Thanks

With SLP tips, I recommend aligning the tips with the rear valance (angle) but tucked in. :cool:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I emailed the seller to see when he getting more in, havent heard back yet....shit happens....lol. I ordered an slp resona delte kit, ill sport that for a little bit...

*just got an email back-5 to 6 weeks out....gonna email when they come in, the price is probly going up by $20 too...my luck
Screw that! That's just greed.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.Do i want it level from a straight on side view or on a slight angle to follow the bumper. I like the amount exposed outside the bumper im just not sure if i should follow it and twist it a bit or let it out level. 1st pic is level 2nd is slightly angled to follow bumper and 3rd is the amount i let stick out....which i like. what do you think about the angle? Thanks

My vote is angled to follow the bumper as it tapers inward going back and somewhat angled up to follow the rise going back. You'll have to move 'em, step back and look from all angles, move again, step back, etc. If you can't make a decision and get frustrated, walk away and get involved in something else for a few minutes then casually walk by and glance at it again. The first thought that comes to your mind that says "this ain't right" is what you adjust. Walk away and do it again. If you stay there and look at it the whole time, you're gonna start making yourself see things that you like or dislike and probably weld it up however you like it at that moment just to get it done. Then you'll always feel like you should've done something differently.

Let 'em stick out a bit if that's how you like it. I made mine stick out see just enough to catch some sun and bling with the door handles.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how mine ended up. The exhaust shop set the tip on a set of stands and kept adjusting it until I liked it, then bent up a connecting pipe and tacked it all in place and we had another look before final welding.

IMG_6156.JPG

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the resonator, and re-routed the exhaust where the spare tire used to be and had it exit under the hitch.. Here's a pic of it before the truck's second build

View attachment 78171

Nice, i like it. Man if i knew id never tow again id love to do something like this but have it where the hitch is.

You have any more pics of this ?

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's how mine ended up. The exhaust shop set the tip on a set of stands and kept adjusting it until I liked it, then bent up a connecting pipe and tacked it all in place and we had another look before final welding.

View attachment 78266

Im pretty sure i said this already but that looks great, i wish I got the black tip but since out of stock i bought the slp....with chrome....maybe when they tell me its back in stock ill just get it snd try to sell the chrome one....ill just bolt it up instead of tacking it on... we'll see...

thats good lookin shit though.....your truck looks kickass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE