Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all just finished reading through a bunch of the magneride problem threads and glad to see I'm not the only one! I see all the pros and cons of deleting the system.

2020 Yukon Denali, stock everything, ~140k km

Right now I blew the air bag in my rear DS shock last summer, been riding on it as is ever since with the compressor relay removed. I don't tow anything heavy, just our boat or a 12' quad trailer so hasn't been a big deal. Fronts are toast now too though and I'm bouncing like a lunatic so I'm going over my options.

The OEMs are way out there... Looking at $650 each for the rear and $750 each for the front. I did find some out of Ontario, basically no name brand Chinese knock offs that are around $1100 for all 4 but come with a lifetime warranty for whatever that's worth.

Real question, I found a delete Bilstein kit out of a shop in Saskatchewan and wondering if anyone's gone down this route? I have Bilstein 5100s on my off road rig and they're unreal. If anyone's put them on I'd be real interested in the feedback. They're looking around $1700 CAD all in to my door.

Thx
Scott

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh I checked... Rears are a little cheaper at $549.66 (CAD), fronts (unloaded) are $549.39. The loaded Arnotts are $782.10.

Love the shocksims.com option though! Rear Z85s are easy to figure out, which RPO do you use for the fronts? I'll start going through the RPOs but if anyone knows by experience I'd love to hear it.

To tell you the truth though the shock sim module is around $500 CAD anyway, so by the time I get the Z85 shocks and struts, without new front coils, I'm at the same price as the Bilstein kit. Not sure the OEM shocks are the best anyway so also still curious if anyone's used that Bilstein kit.

Last edited:

slupie

Reaction score
Oh I checked... Rears are a little cheaper at $549.66 (CAD), fronts (unloaded) are $549.39. The loaded Arnotts are $782.10.

Love the shocksims.com option though! Rear Z85s are easy to figure out, which RPO do you use for the fronts? I'll start going through the RPOs but if anyone knows by experience I'd love to hear it.

If you go the standard shocks/struts this module bypasses magnaride on all 4 corners https://shocksims.com/shop.html#!/OBD-SS-Module/p/553911289/category=0

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Oh the other thing, I read in another thread that the strut top seats and the coils aren't the same between the magneride struts and standard. Might end up being more expensive that way once everything gets added in.

slupie

Reaction score
I got that, I mean for the standard struts there are like 7 or 8 options depending on RPO. All the RPOs show as computer selectable... all same description so not sure what the differences are.
Look on the RPO code and see which options you have and find shocks that best fit your Yukon Denali. Another option is to find a Tahoe or Yukon SLT on autotrader without the Magride but with similar equipement as yours and then punch in that VIN https://www.gmparts.com/ to see what shocks/strut part numbers fit that vehicle, again it will be close but not exact.

slupie

Reaction score
Oh the other thing, I read in another thread that the strut top seats and the coils aren't the same between the magneride struts and standard. Might end up being more expensive that way once everything gets added in.
Standard strut mounts are $35.79 https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=12370637&cc=0&pt=7600. I will be going away from Magride to standard shocks on my Suburban when it warms up. The cost of 4 Magride shocks/struts is $1600, standard with few replacement components is about $535.

OP
OP
S

scottystills

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Standard strut mounts are $35.79 https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=12370637&cc=0&pt=7600. I will be going away from Magride to standard shocks on my Suburban when it warms up. The cost of 4 Magride shocks/struts is $1600, standard with few replacement components is about $535.
Ya I mean, agreed the shocks struts for me about $750 probably $600 USD minus shipping and whatnot, then add on $35 each strut mount another $70, front coils are $60-120 each depending on which version (solely based on rockautos lineup), then the shocksim module is $360 USD ($500 CAD)... Adds up pretty quick doing the math is all. Are you planning to replace the coils front and rear? From what I understand the magneride springs are different rates front and rear from the standard ones.

slupie

Reaction score
Ya I mean, agreed the shocks struts for me about $750 probably $600 USD minus shipping and whatnot, then add on $35 each strut mount another $70, front coils are $60-120 each depending on which version (solely based on rockautos lineup), then the shocksim module is $360 USD ($500 CAD)... Adds up pretty quick doing the math is all. Are you planning to replace the coils front and rear? From what I understand the magneride springs are different rates front and rear from the standard ones.
Springs hold up the vehicle weight and shocks provide dampening to the spring oscilaltion. I'm keeping the springs and keeping the rear air suspension just getting rid of the Magneride struts/shocks. Some use the Monroe ready strut assembly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts