Black tips on resonator delete kit????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you running the SLP delete kit and just slapped this tip on? My other concern is the angle/offset of the tips to match the lower bumper
My Denali didn't come with a resonator so no delete kit. The exhaust on Denalis is different than the regular Yukons or Tahoes. I had an exhaust shop cut part of my pipe out and bend a new piece so the tip lined up like I wanted. He went a ways back further than @Fosscore had done.

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Issues, helpIMG_9677.JPGIMG_9678.JPG
IMG_9684.JPG
Nothing is bolted/tacked on yet, as a matter of fact its off the truck right now, i just need opinions......please. And i know everyone has one, like ***holes....ha..ha..ha...funny joke...blah blah.... good, bad or indiff let me know please......Do i want it level from a straight on side view or on a slight angle to follow the bumper. I like the amount exposed outside the bumper im just not sure if i should follow it and twist it a bit or let it out level. 1st pic is level 2nd is slightly angled to follow bumper and 3rd is the amount i let stick out....which i like. what do you think about the angle? Thanks

Disregard these two pics please
IMG_9679.JPG

IMG_9685.JPG

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Galante

IMO I like it tucked back in further to take into account the curvature of the rear quarter panel. The owner of the muffler shop took measurements, stood on a ladder looking down, lowered and raised the lift and then cut another piece closer to the axle, ground off a bit, rotated that piece and made it exit much straighter than the way OEM had it dangling down way low. Now it exits straight out the side and in line whether you are looking up the tail, from the side of from the top.

The slice of these tips will look good about 1 finger width tight from the bottom of the quarter panel and flush with that falling edge. Just my .02, but we both agreed that was what would look best.

He executed it perfectly and even painted the welds up to the polished bit. I am still stoked by the look. Go back to post #22 for a few pics and here a couple more from my build thread for a different perspective that may help you make your own line up decision.

OEM
IMG_2609.JPG

Notice the 2 welds that might resemble the SLP install where the pipe connects to OEM and then the tip connects to the SLP pipe.
IMG_2652.JPG

IMG_2649.JPG

IMG_2644.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

OP
OP
PG01

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Fosscore

Thank you, can always count on your input.

I googled about 10,000 pics of this exhaust exit and looked at it on every color truck out there..but I actually was looking at your build first and love the look of yours, that being said, your 'quarter' is a touch more rounded then my 'bumper cover' (06 metal vs. 13 plastic). i like and appreciate the work the exhaust shop did to your truck, it comes out down past the axle nice and level to the ground and sits perfect, to my eye thru your pics.

You obviously understand im working with a prefab, almost universal-ish exhaust tube. If you look at the hanger on your 13 burb the instructions on the slp kit say to cut off stock pipe at 7 3/4" from the stock hanger.....you can measure and come up with two diff locations because of the way the hanger is welded to the tube.....crazy. I basically split the diff and cut in the middle. I think im going to cut another 1 to 1 1/2" off and that should level that pipe out and maybe ill get a better angle to the 'bumper'.

I just dont have the time to go to a shop and have it done right and anyway that will kill any 'savings' from the lower price and free shipping that i think i recieved...lol.

I know i can just 'bolt it up' and call it a day but in reality, i cant, it will kill me every time i look back there.....I also know this is long winded but i was looking for some feedback and i thank you for yours, as always.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick