Z71 with Power Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Does anyone know if i were to buy a set of OEM power running boards and put them on my Z71 if they would a pain to wire up? I don't care for the ones that came with the truck and the wife and kids need them to get in.

If anyone wants to sell their electric boards let me know.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Put the word out to a few wreckers to holler out when a compatible vehicle comes in. A $C note as a reward if your first to pull the boards, harnesses and switch pack would get you good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm dealing with the same issues. My escalade came with fixed boards which I removed. Local Dealership said that they can be bolted on but no power. They are now asking coporate how to configure.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty sure you have to program the option to the bcm once they are wired up, being that it was not a original option adding the wiring will be required, Like Brian noted above the Escalade and my Denali have the wiring but the option still has to be programmed into the bcm to function. On my 2012 when I run test procedures with my scanner it shows the option for power running boards but there is no connection and it's not programmed in the bcm so that the running boards can be turned on/off, etc in the DIC

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty sure you have to program the option to the bcm once they are wired up, being that it was not a original option adding the wiring will be required, Like Brian noted above the Escalade and my Denali have the wiring but the option still has to be programmed into the bcm to function. On my 2012 when I run test procedures with my scanner it shows the option for power running boards but there is no connection and it's not programmed in the bcm so that the running boards can be turned on/off, etc in the DIC
Interesting. @cmatt made a harness for my 15 Denali and it was all plug and play from there. I was actually surprised there was no programming. If I hit my on off button on the dash. It also displays on my dic.

maybe he can work his magic on the 21s soon

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. @cmatt made a harness for my 15 Denali and it was all plug and play from there. I was actually surprised there was no programming. If I hit my on off button on the dash. It also displays on my dic.

maybe he can work his magic on the 21s soon
what on off button? a oem button for the steps?

cmatt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I’m just now seeing this. The step operations are controlled by their own module (mounted to the driver side step frame). The BCM doesn’t need to be programmed. The switch is necessary to have full control of the boards.

There’s a few circuits that need to be brought from the cabin out to the chassis harness. I have folks verify, but Escalades, Denalis & LTZs typically have the necessary circuits already present in the body harness.

Those that have done this mod can chime in, but my experience has been that some ignition/door open cycles are needed for the module to sync up.

The mod isn’t difficult just a bit expensive as the step assemblies can be pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I’m just now seeing this. The step operations are controlled by their own module (mounted to the driver side step frame). The BCM doesn’t need to be programmed. The switch is necessary to have full control of the boards.

There’s a few circuits that need to be brought from the cabin out to the chassis harness. I have folks verify, but Escalades, Denalis & LTZs typically have the necessary circuits already present in the body harness.

Those that have done this mod can chime in, but my experience has been that some ignition/door open cycles are needed for the module to sync up.

The mod isn’t difficult just a bit expensive as the step assemblies can be pricey.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There's no switch on the 21's, it's all handled in the vehicle personalizaton menus...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons