z55 autoride delete REMOVAL & return to stock… help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denalilex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. i found the dreaded autoride delete module that i hoped i wouldn’t find but knew was there cause i def should have had autoride / ride control / sus codes that i wasnt throwing …..

i managed to score a brand new z55 electronic rear air shock to replace my blown out one for $60 on fb from someone who bought the wrong part & couldn’t return. . & as my luck has it - day of delivery my passenger side blew a tear :’) awesome terrific.. noticed this as i was replacing all rotors & pads all around & it’s small but there. there is no noticeable drop in ride height at any corner. but it’s a rough mf ride. no more service suspension light since changing fuses.

anyway. i’m kinda not really sure what all i need to look for to remove the autoride delete / bypass system that was installed by the PO. i found the module zip tied to the LH rear bumper.

& is there a way to diag the front electronic shocks for proper working condition?? nothing is gas as i previously thought. all stock shocks on every wheel. back 2 need replace & i ordered the replacement for the pass. compressor surprisingly works.
dunno what to do / look for on fronts.

truck is parked & on jacks til it’s done & all wheels are off & if photos would help lmk

tia

ps still sorry for the novels

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have a Tech 2 or equivalent bi-directional scanner, you can monitor and test each shock, and you can fully test the compressor. Last, you can actively monitor their activities as you drive down the road, to ensure that they are all working correctly during transit

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joseph returned his to stock so he’s a good source. If you don’t have any service suspension lights there’s probably a bypass resistor installed. It’ll connect to the factory wiring on top of your strut tower. Same for the rears.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have a pic of this delete module? Curious if it’s just a resistor or what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9