Yukon xl vs sierra front struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

burntoast16

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm looking for front struts for 16' yukon xl sle. I want a good riding strut I've heard good things about the bilstein 5100, but can't seem to find them loaded with springs, I don't mess around with spring compressors. I did how ever find some loaded for a Sierra. Would they work on the yukons?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe they will, but I'm not sure about the ride compared to a suv. I'd check out car-part.com for a set of good used take offs. I found a set for my Yukon for $350 shipped to my door. They were rust free, OEM with 40k on them. 1 hour job to swap in.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for front struts for 16' yukon xl sle. I want a good riding strut I've heard good things about the bilstein 5100, but can't seem to find them loaded with springs, I don't mess around with spring compressors. I did how ever find some loaded for a Sierra. Would they work on the yukons?
They will certainly fit. I'd imagine they will ride similarly and at a similar ride height as well considering both truck and SUV have similarly beefy steel frames.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pickup springs are rated for 300 or so more pounds than the SUV springs. Shocks may be stiffer too to handle the additional weight up front.

Do it right if you want to retain the great ride these come with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan