Yukon Denali warranty just expired w/2 front locked struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea, they are shocks so it is a wear item...but that is certainly premature.

I had this same shock issue with my wifes denali. It was at roughly 70k miles though. Regardless, I chose the path of getting rid of the magnaride altogether. I put a set of fox coilover struts up front ($1000 total) and installed myself. Also ha to get a set of the shock simulators from xineering to keep the codes from popping up on the dash (think that was another few hundred dollars if memory serves me right).

Did you leave the stock magnetic shocks on the rear?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you leave the stock magnetic shocks on the rear?

I did. I like the auto leveling air feature.

But those are now shot, too. Thinking heavily on going with the Arnott replacement air shocks which automatically delete magnaride and have built in sensors to prevent dash lights.

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you think it would matter if you have the Xineering sensors on the front and Arnott built sensors in the rear? I’m also thinking about going with Arnott once my rear magnetic air shocks shocks give out.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Arnott guys are great. Gave them a ring on Monday and they verified that GM pulled a fast one on on Chevy/ GMC autoride (z55) and Cadillac’s Z95 magneride. They use identical parts on both Z55 & Z95 suspensions. GM went to all the trouble to give Cadillac parts their own part number and sell them at a premium. Buggars they are!

Keep the technology that retains the value and premium ride of the truck. Ditch the replacement GM engineered to trap your wallet in. Live large with Arnott lower price, better engineering and lifetime guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you think it would matter if you have the Xineering sensors on the front and Arnott built sensors in the rear? I’m also thinking about going with Arnott once my rear magnetic air shocks shocks give out.

Let ya know soon. Think I am going this route.

I dont think it will be an issue at all. Why would it?

Edward Medina

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just wondering since they’re two different brands. I’m sure they’ll work just fine.

TBRUCE312

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I work at a gm dealership and have change lots of struts on the newer Yukon. They dont seem to last very long at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BattleTank