Does GM Platinum warranty cover magnetic ride strut replacement on Yukon XL Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bartok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a used 2020 Yukon XL Denali 2wd 6.2 with 59k miles, and also bought a GM Platinum extended warranty. Will the warranty cover front strut replacement? Both front struts are leaking and the ride is getting rougher.

OP
OP
B

bartok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone get the front magneride struts replaced on warranty?

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought a used 2020 Yukon XL Denali 2wd 6.2 with 59k miles, and also bought a GM Platinum extended warranty. Will the warranty cover front strut replacement? Both front struts are leaking and the ride is getting rougher.
It should. Their website for the warranty lists the "ride control suspension" components as covered.

OP
OP
B

bartok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Read that about "ride control suspension." The finance guy from the dealer I purchased the warranty from said that struts weren't covered (consumable), but the 'ride control suspension' clause in the contract leads one to believe it is included. I have to wait 1 month and 1000 miles after the purchase of the warranty before it becomes active. Bought the yukon from a non-gmc used car dealer. 2 more weeks and then I'll go in for a free multipoint inspection while I pay for an oil change.

OP
OP
B

bartok

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update:

The GMC warranty covered one magnetic ride strut replacement. Warranty couldn't determine the other was leaking from pictures, but could send out an inspector, so opted for one replacement and just monitor other. The Yukon rides much smoother now! Invoice price for one installed with a 2 wheel alignment was like $1300!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish