Yukon Denali packages not being manufactured until mid to late March may be time to jump ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I do like it,I ordered the XL hybrid with no accessories.
It was MSRP-21,500 + dealers+Doc fee of $699.00 -tag-tax title fee.

Surprisingly it comes with a lot of standard equipment telescoping
steering wheel and tilt wheel-automatic adjusting headlights-pretty
good LCD screen-electric door locks Windows and digital setting
temperature control.

Only front-wheel-drive on the hybrid but is seem to have plenty of
power to pretty interesting cheap little four-door truck
You got a Mav at list? Consider yourself lucky. $5-10K over MSRP here in the midwest......

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They say ordering your vehicle is the way of the future. Looks to be a nightmare based on what I have seen.....

Sotrulylovely

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am very interested in the new 2023 Toyota Sequoia Hybrid.
I really like the Toyota Sequoia 2023 TRD Pro magnetic gray metallic.

This maybe what I jump ship to.
If my order is not picked up by March
Thank you for sharing about the sequoia! Just called the dealership to let us know when they get their allocation. We’ve had a Yukon xl diesel Denali on order since beginning of September-from the largest dealership in the west. And NOTHING. No one can tell me anything other than “congrats, your order was accepted but to TPW!” 7 months now and we are expecting to wait until September. We actually ordered first last April but after a few months canceled bevagde the dealership could tell us nothing so waited for the 2022. Now we are laughing because it will likely be a 2023. So I’m think sequoia it is! Cheaper, hybrid, and a Toyota :) I feel like the GMC Yukon Denali diesels are unicorns

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing about the sequoia! Just called the dealership to let us know when they get their allocation. We’ve had a Yukon xl diesel Denali on order since beginning of September-from the largest dealership in the west. And NOTHING. No one can tell me anything other than “congrats, your order was accepted but to TPW!” 7 months now and we are expecting to wait until September. We actually ordered first last April but after a few months canceled bevagde the dealership could tell us nothing so waited for the 2022. Now we are laughing because it will likely be a 2023. So I’m think sequoia it is! Cheaper, hybrid, and a Toyota :) I feel like the GMC Yukon Denali diesels are unicorns
If you like the Yukon, why not look at a Tahoe build instead. Seems like Sequoia is a much different direction that what you were hoping to get, and my money would be on a ton of difficulty getting a new hybrid anytime this year. Just my .02

ItIsWhatItIs

Reaction score
If you like the Yukon, why not look at a Tahoe build instead. Seems like Sequoia is a much different direction that what you were hoping to get, and my money would be on a ton of difficulty getting a new hybrid anytime this year. Just my .02
We were actually in the same exact scenario as him and a few weeks ago bought a high country. IMHO the little differences, if you know about them, between the Denali and High Country are huge, not to mention the looks. Actually got a call from a dealer that we had ordered with today and they said they had our Dmax/max tow allocation. I went ahead and said great, send me the numbers because I wouldn’t rule out trading and so far nothing. Maybe they are hoping I’ll go down to SLT, which for the right deal I would consider.

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
We were actually in the same exact scenario as him and a few weeks ago bought a high country. IMHO the little differences, if you know about them, between the Denali and High Country are huge, not to mention the looks. Actually got a call from a dealer that we had ordered with today and they said they had our Dmax/max tow allocation. I went ahead and said great, send me the numbers because I wouldn’t rule out trading and so far nothing. Maybe they are hoping I’ll go down to SLT, which for the right deal I would consider.
I’ve sat in both and they are no where near that huge of a difference to me.
Frankly, my wife and I believe the new Tahoe’s have a significantly better exterior than the Yukons. If you were to put a Premier next to a SLT it’s not even close IMHO. That said, I would probably give the Denali and AT4 trims a leg up over the High Country and Z71 but those would be the exceptions.

To each their own. Think a lot of people are brand chasers and history definitely values the Yukons over the Tahoe’s, and rightfully so. But that gap closed exponentially in this last update. Pricing is much more similar as are the packages.

I think my point was that the Tahoe is much more similar to the Yukon then a new Sequoia, not focused on a comparison of Tahoe to Yukon. Toyota has done a great job at making reliable SUVs over the years, but even the new models can’t hold a candle to the luxury and overall options of the GM suvs. Again…to each their own.

Can I ask what you dislike so much about the High Country?

Last edited:

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
I’ve sat in both and they are no where near that huge of a difference to me.
Frankly, my wife and I believe the new Tahoe’s have a significantly better exterior than the Yukons. If you were to put a Premier next to a SLT it’s not even close IMHO. That said, I would probably give the Denali and AT4 trims a leg up over the High Country and Z71 but those would be the exceptions.

To each their own. Think a lot of people are brand chasers and history definitely values the Yukons over the Tahoe’s, and rightfully so. But that gap closed exponentially in this last update. Pricing is much more similar as are the packages.

I think my point was that the Tahoe is much more similar to the Yukon then a new Sequoia, not focused on a comparison of Tahoe to Yukon. Toyota has done a great job at making reliable SUVs over the years, but even the new models can’t hold a candle to the luxury and overall options of the GM suvs. Again…to each their own.

Can I ask what you dislike so much about the High Country?

I see tons of the new Yukons, Denalis, Tahoes and Escalades where I live

The front grill of the Denali is absolutely gorgeous.

The back of all the Yukon trims look ugly compared to the any of the Tahoes.

If they put the Tahoe back on a Denali front it’s the winner

I will admit I don’t think the High Country looks nicer than an RST (and I feel like a lot of people say the same thing)…which is a problem given it’s the top trim and the Denali is the clear cut winner of all Yukon’s.

The Escalade is the most gorgeous but we’re also talking another ballpark of vehicle

Sotrulylovely

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We initially test drove a suburban high country but just loved the looks of the xl more. However a diesel Denali suv seems like it’s not going tk happen this year. I currently have a Honda Odyssey for the practical years so I’m just excited to sit a bit higher up :) and yes, given supply chain you’re right that it likely won’t be this year for the sequoia. However Toyota has proved a bit more reliable lately regarding such so im hoping! We got our name on the list here just in case

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
I see tons of the new Yukons, Denalis, Tahoes and Escalades where I live

The front grill of the Denali is absolutely gorgeous.

The back of all the Yukon trims look ugly compared to the any of the Tahoes.

If they put the Tahoe back on a Denali front it’s the winner

I will admit I don’t think the High Country looks nicer than an RST (and I feel like a lot of people say the same thing)…which is a problem given it’s the top trim and the Denali is the clear cut winner of all Yukon’s.

The Escalade is the most gorgeous but we’re also talking another ballpark of vehicle
Agreed with the Denali Front (though id prefer it in black). As I mentioned, outside of that specific trim, the new Tahoe look beats the Yukon 9/10. The front end of the RST (well the entire package) is just about perfect looking. Once I finish a few things with my exterior next week I’ll post a pick or two and show ya a few tweaks that put the Tahoe on another level.

An Escalade sport is my dream mobile right now. Just about perfect. Except the ridiculous price, lol.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Yukon Denali diesel in August of last year. Called my dealer again yesterday and still says it hasn't been pulled to make an order yet from GM. Called the customer service number from GM to ask them what's going on because my dealer does not seem to know or does not want me to know. The phone number 1 800 462 8782 I talked to Deanna.

I asked her the question what was going on she told me that any package that's the Denali will not be put in production till sometime in mid to late March. And the allocation has been reduced to 57% from last year which means what she told me if your hometown dealer does not have an allocation from previous sales that they may not get one. She urged me to go
to a larger dealer which I thought was quite interesting. Even when I get a order she said it may be 12 to 15 weeks before it ends up at a dealership. So I waited six months so it may be June or July maybe 11 months wait, WOW!!!

Of course the problem is allocation of parts Covid etc. etc. is what she said. Believe me I understand all that but I ordered a Ford hybrid Maverick in August and picked it up last week at the dealership. Not trying to compare Ford to GM but the way Maverick is ordered and the way the Yukon Denali is ordered is quite different. This will be my fourth Yukon and second Denali from GM. I don't know why they don't put the customer orders first especially the higher end stuff before dealership stock items. I feel like I'm at the back of the bus even though I'm paying $84,000 for the ride.

I'm probably not going to wait this long and will now look at other things like the 2022 INFINITI QX80. Which was in our sights before we ordered this. I hope GM understands what they're going to lose a lot of customers I know a lot of it's not their fault but 11 months seems crazy.
I love how they blame covid for car issues...smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660