Yukon Denali packages not being manufactured until mid to late March may be time to jump ship

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nexus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered a Yukon Denali diesel in August of last year. Called my dealer again yesterday and still says it hasn't been pulled to make an order yet from GM. Called the customer service number from GM to ask them what's going on because my dealer does not seem to know or does not want me to know. The phone number 1 800 462 8782 I talked to Deanna.

I asked her the question what was going on she told me that any package that's the Denali will not be put in production till sometime in mid to late March. And the allocation has been reduced to 57% from last year which means what she told me if your hometown dealer does not have an allocation from previous sales that they may not get one. She urged me to go
to a larger dealer which I thought was quite interesting. Even when I get a order she said it may be 12 to 15 weeks before it ends up at a dealership. So I waited six months so it may be June or July maybe 11 months wait, WOW!!!

Of course the problem is allocation of parts Covid etc. etc. is what she said. Believe me I understand all that but I ordered a Ford hybrid Maverick in August and picked it up last week at the dealership. Not trying to compare Ford to GM but the way Maverick is ordered and the way the Yukon Denali is ordered is quite different. This will be my fourth Yukon and second Denali from GM. I don't know why they don't put the customer orders first especially the higher end stuff before dealership stock items. I feel like I'm at the back of the bus even though I'm paying $84,000 for the ride.

I'm probably not going to wait this long and will now look at other things like the 2022 INFINITI QX80. Which was in our sights before we ordered this. I hope GM understands what they're going to lose a lot of customers I know a lot of it's not their fault but 11 months seems crazy.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not worried at all about possibly losing your sale. They make certain editions during certain times of the year, just like she said. They'll produce a run of SLEs, then SLTs, then Eskys then Denalis or something like that. I've seen that for years when making a database of VINs.

I don't get that allocation stuff when you have an order, unless it's not paid for, but have never given it much thought.

How's the Maverick? How do you like it?

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the very same discussions with my dealership. The salesman is a personal friend, that I’ve dealt with for 30 years now. He can’t get allocation for 1 let alone 2 premiers that I ordered, from early September.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a Yukon Denali diesel in August of last year. Called my dealer again yesterday and still says it hasn't been pulled to make an order yet from GM. Called the customer service number from GM to ask them what's going on because my dealer does not seem to know or does not want me to know. The phone number 1 800 462 8782 I talked to Deanna.

I asked her the question what was going on she told me that any package that's the Denali will not be put in production till sometime in mid to late March. And the allocation has been reduced to 57% from last year which means what she told me if your hometown dealer does not have an allocation from previous sales that they may not get one. She urged me to go
to a larger dealer which I thought was quite interesting. Even when I get a order she said it may be 12 to 15 weeks before it ends up at a dealership. So I waited six months so it may be June or July maybe 11 months wait, WOW!!!

Of course the problem is allocation of parts Covid etc. etc. is what she said. Believe me I understand all that but I ordered a Ford hybrid Maverick in August and picked it up last week at the dealership. Not trying to compare Ford to GM but the way Maverick is ordered and the way the Yukon Denali is ordered is quite different. This will be my fourth Yukon and second Denali from GM. I don't know why they don't put the customer orders first especially the higher end stuff before dealership stock items. I feel like I'm at the back of the bus even though I'm paying $84,000 for the ride.

I'm probably not going to wait this long and will now look at other things like the 2022 INFINITI QX80. Which was in our sights before we ordered this. I hope GM understands what they're going to lose a lot of customers I know a lot of it's not their fault but 11 months seems crazy.

It seems like GM wants to give its competitors time to catch up. (sarcasm)

Ford's Expedition production will be in full swing as will Jeep's Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer by then. Also, Toyota will start delivering the updated Sequoia in August 2022.

It obviously behooves GM to get as many sales as possible before they are no longer the only game in town for 1/2 ton based full size SUVs.

OP
OP
Nexus

Nexus

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They're not worried at all about possibly losing your sale. They make certain editions during certain times of the year, just like she said. They'll produce a run of SLEs, then SLTs, then Eskys then Denalis or something like that. I've seen that for years when making a database of VINs.

I don't get that allocation stuff when you have an order, unless it's not paid for, but have never given it much thought.

How's the Maverick? How do you like it?
Yes I do like it,I ordered the XL hybrid with no accessories.
It was MSRP-21,500 + dealers+Doc fee of $699.00 -tag-tax title fee.

Surprisingly it comes with a lot of standard equipment telescoping
steering wheel and tilt wheel-automatic adjusting headlights-pretty
good LCD screen-electric door locks Windows and digital setting
temperature control.

Only front-wheel-drive on the hybrid but is seem to have plenty of
power to pretty interesting cheap little four-door truck

Yarosuav

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a Denali diesel couple weeks ago, so March isn’t that long of a wait for production to resume. My current lease expires end of October so I figured I can easily deal with 9 month wait (which is what I expect).

If people who don’t want to wait can please cancel their orders (so the line gets shorter), that would be appreciated! :)

gkuypers

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my Denali in August '21 and it was finally built and shipped January 13th, 2022. It has now been sitting at the CSX rail yard for over a week. According to the dealer delivery is scheduled for February 6th or 7th. I too was told there was no constraints holding up my build only to find out if I removed the Advanced Tech Pkg. my truck would be built within weeks, which did happen. My options are Max Towing, Sunroof and 22" Rims & tires.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So strange to see and hear of all these delays: I ordered a Denali 6.2 wirh Prem, Air Ride and Prem 4x4, Max Tow the last week of Nov 21’ and it was built Jan 24th. Expect delivery delivery in a few weeks.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So strange to see and hear of all these delays: I ordered a Denali 6.2 wirh Prem, Air Ride and Prem 4x4, Max Tow the last week of Nov 21’ and it was built Jan 24th. Expect delivery delivery in a few weeks.

all depends on the allocations that “your” dealer gets …two dealers 20 mins apart will more than likely have completely different alocations which equates to vehicle availability

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019