Yet another Efan Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Looking at doing a 2 speed Efan in my 'hoe, i've already procured an 01 towncar 2 speed fan with external resistor. after some research i've decided on the Saab TS139 dual temp switch to activate the relays, (195 or AC on for low, 215 for high) where i'm stalled at the moment is with my relay setup. I like the idea of the volvo 2 speed relay though i'm not sure exactly how it works as i've never had my hands on one, i'm assuming it uses 2 seperate ground signals to activate either one winding or the other. qmvDdNVHTKImWO14eDwLrJ4ss7dbofZEpHXobgSqt&usqp=CAE.jpg

I know i can do this with two different relays instead just as easily (I have a 2nd fuse box i've been meaning to install anyways)

my question is thus, has anyone here done the volvo relay in the manner i'm suggesting?

Also i'd had it recommended to me to put a diode on the low speed so that when the high kicks on and the low is off, that any power generated by the low winding wouldn't feed back into the relay. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19