yet another blend door question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nuc_meltdown

Reaction score
Hey folks. I'm new to the Yukon world, but I'm not new to the world of GM trucks and cars. I've had to replace two blend door actuators on my 07 Impala. I've been searching for a little while and I haven't seen exactly what the Yukon is doing. Maybe I've missed it. Either way, I noticed the air would only blow on defrost. When you start the Yukon a loud popping noise comes from under the dash near the gas peddle. It lasts for about 20 seconds. While the noise is happening the air blows correctly, but once it stops it blows from the defrost again. I've read that if a battery change had occurred that you may have to go through a re learn process. Would what mine is doing possibly be a re learn issue or replacement issue? The temperature is corrrect for whatever I have it set on. The noise is similar to what I heard in my impala, but my Impala always did it when you turn the car off and the Yukon does it when you start it. Thoughts? Thanks!

Since I haven't done a sig yet, its a 2003 Yukon XL with front and rear AC/heat and dual climate control.

OP
OP
nuc_meltdown

nuc_meltdown

Reaction score
Anyway......

I went out and pulled the HVAC fuse. When I started it up it popped about 2 times and then started blowing from the vents like it should. Maybe that cleared it up.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Serious note. Ok. Sometimes if the battery does or the computer resets the blend actuators will get out of wack and some times need a blast of energy to resets. Now I had drivers blasting hot and pass cold for a while. I had to disconnect bat and arc it to re set. Did this for a year, maybe 5x. Then a blade on my blower sheeted off and messed things up. I had to replace blower motor. Fan, and both blenders. If you continue to have issues shoot me a message.

OP
OP
nuc_meltdown

nuc_meltdown

Reaction score
Thanks. It's doing better. It might pop once or twice now. The widely drives it mostly so I haven't diagnosed which setting causes it. I replaced the ones in my Impala and it stopped, but after reading info on here it seems that replacing doesn't necessarily fix the problem. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55