Yanked into oncoming traffic!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife was driving the '05 Yukon the other day and it grunted and yanked to the left! I convinced her to shut it off and restart it and drive the remaining 2 miles home. When she got here she told me it's runs better than it has in a long while. A little history: It sat for about year until we could afford a new tranny. All the while the SAS is bad and it's saying "Service Stability". She's been driving it like that but complaining about lack of power and a feeling like the parking brake is dragging. So I'm chasing the brakes and guessing the cat is clogged. I even cleaned the throttle body! Now 2 days before this happened it blew a Oil Pressure Switch and squirted about 1/2-3/4 qt of oil all over the underside. I replaced the switch, lifted it, degreased it, and pressure washed it. So I'm wondering if I did anything to the ABS Module. Another question: does anybody know if the SAS on that year can be tested or reset, or is just a replacement I'm looking at? I've driven it around and it drives great now but she won't drive it until I can guarantee it's been fixed! She's tough, rides her own Harley but getting yanked into oncoming traffic scared her.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That would scare the shit out of me too! So yes, "Honey, get this pig fixed or I am driving your rig till then". I am looking forward to others chiming in with what this may be.

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely caused by a problem with the stability control system....try driving it with traction control turned off see if there's a difference

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's most likely caused by a problem with the stability control system....try driving it with traction control turned off see if there's a difference

I think it's disabled now. Pushing the button doesn't change anything.

OP
OP
YukonRog

YukonRog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would get the stability control system repaired ASAP it's probably the source of most of the problems your having - it's tied into the brake system as well as the engine.
The only code it's throwing is Steering Alignment Sensor. Could that be tricking it into thinking it's spinning a wheel or something?

GreyStone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only code it's throwing is Steering Alignment Sensor. Could that be tricking it into thinking it's spinning a wheel or something?
yes ~ the system relies on multiple sensors to determine if the vehicle is swerving or moving in an unsafe manner, it will then intervene by cutting engine power or applying the brakes to try to right the vehicle. If the sensors are faulty who knows what the system will do. The stability control system is essentially there to try to bring a vehicle that is out of control back into control ~ it is not a driver comfort type of thing.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes ~ the system relies on multiple sensors to determine if the vehicle is swerving or moving in an unsafe manner, it will then intervene by cutting engine power or applying the brakes to try to right the vehicle. If the sensors are faulty who knows what the system will do.

on the GMT800 i would replace all the brake lines as GM knowingly put faulty lines on them....effected models from 1999 to 2006 & classic 2007 limited
they did not have the issue on GMT900 series...

it works great if it is working too

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts