Y pipe and cat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Intenseman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has used a setup like this listing.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-50300/overview/

Is this still the same as the restrictive stock Y pipe?

I'm looking for performance gains. I'm wondering if I should just go with the Flowmaster Y250300 Scavenger Y Collector 2.5in/3in and a three wire O2 sensor and a high flow cat. Any opinions?

Thanks,
Michael

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you buy the y pipe from a later year tahoe it will go back as dual pipes. the stock muffler is a dual in single out. for diy purposes you could buy the newer y pipe 2 center too center mufflers and 2 tailpipes. after that all you need is some length of pipe. however as far as gains you wont notice any difference between running a single 3 in or dual 2.5. you also wont notice any difference with a stock cat, no cat or high flow cat. i had a suburban i poked a hole through the cat offroad. cut it off and ran a single 3 in pipe. neighbors complained it was a little loud with a flowmaster 40. so i bought a magnaflow high flow cat hoping it would tone it back down.... it did not. regardless it sounded fu**ing amazing but had no noticeable gains

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC