2001 Yukon Y-pipe options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bill9000

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2001 Yukon all stock, except a welded in Flowmaster Super 44 in place of factory muffler.

I believe my cats are plugged and want to replace the y-pipe. But I don't want to put headers on this...
I have found this item which appears to be a direct fit:
https://www.summitracing.com/nv/parts/flo-2010019/overview/year/2001/make/gmc/model/yukon

but I was wondering if anyone knows of any catless options that are also a direct OE bolt in?

Thanks!

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Does the Flowmaster sound good? Trying to figure out what exhaust I'm going to put on mine. Debating a Carven

OP
OP
bill9000

bill9000

Reaction score
Does the Flowmaster sound good? Trying to figure out what exhaust I'm going to put on mine. Debating a Carven

The Flowmaster sounds really good, nice deep tone. I personally like extra extra loud. And it does sound real nice... but if I am having to replace y-pipe then I'd prefer catless as it'll be louder with the same deep tone.

But to answer, yes it's very healthy and good sounding.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
The Flowmaster sounds really good, nice deep tone. I personally like extra extra loud. And it does sound real nice... but if I am having to replace y-pipe then I'd prefer catless as it'll be louder with the same deep tone.

But to answer, yes it's very healthy and good sounding.
Well if you are going to delete cats then might as well just take it to a respectable exhaust shop (that will delete the cats) and just have them fab up their own catless y-pipe. Might even be better (and louder) if you go for a catless h-pipe

OP
OP
bill9000

bill9000

Reaction score
Well if you are going to delete cats then might as well just take it to a respectable exhaust shop (that will delete the cats) and just have them fab up their own catless y-pipe. Might even be better (and louder) if you go for a catless h-pipe

Yeah, all the shops around here won't do it though.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all the off-road y pipes are for headers. You’ll have to find someone who will cut your cats out and replace them with pipe. Tell them it’s for an off road truck you’re building. Obviously you’ll need to bring just the y pipe by itself.

OP
OP
bill9000

bill9000

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure all the off-road y pipes are for headers. You’ll have to find someone who will cut your cats out and replace them with pipe. Tell them it’s for an off road truck you’re building. Obviously you’ll need to bring just the y pipe by itself.

ahh ok, good point! thank you!

AZGOAT

Reaction score
if you where in my area id say bring it buy i have one made already cat less y pipe for stock bolt up i just finished my motor build in my kon long tube headers installed so factory y pipe with o2 just layin there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC