Xpel cost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buz

Reaction score
For Xpel paint protection was quoted $6000 (Houston, TX shop) for full xpel stealth “satin/matte” wrap on a 2018 Yukon Denali! pretty damn pricey!

What numbers are you guys getting for front bumper/hood or full car wraps.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was quotes 1800 for the bumpers and part fender/hood and mirror caps. But ~3k for full front (hood, fenders, bumper and mirrors).

Hit up Third Coast Custom's in Houston, they should be cheaper than 6k.

billium39

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For Xpel paint protection was quoted $6000 (Houston, TX shop) for full xpel stealth “satin/matte” wrap on a 2018 Yukon Denali! pretty damn pricey!

What numbers are you guys getting for front bumper/hood or full car wraps.

I don't think that's a crazy number. I think I paid around 1800 for the front with mirrors and quarter or half hood. it was somewhere around another 5-600 just to do the full hood. Like any place there is some wiggle room on the price, but that sounds in the ballpark

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the price you were quoted is too out of the ball park either. I haven't gotten any quotes for my '15 Yukon XL Denali, but I did get some quotes to do a complete color change vinyl wrap on my previous '09 CTS-V Sedan and it was about $3700-$4000.

Take into account you're talking expel "satin/matte" paint protection film which will be more expensive material compared to just colored vinyl add in the overall size of a Yukon compared to a mid-sized sedan and I'd think $6,000 is right in the ball park.

A complete car wrap is a lot of work, tons of prep, especially with a paint protection type film. I would assume the installer was figuring a full extensive clay bar, paint correction, and prep before the expel installation. That alone can be $350-$600 depending on location and condition of your paint.

Expel makes a great product, I'll just say if you're going to go for the satin/matte finish and drop that kind of coin on it just be sure it'll be something you're happy with for at least 5+ years (it could last longer?). After that the stuff is pretty easy to remove with some patience and a heat gun, then if the product did it's job you'd reveal what would essentially be close to "brand new" OEM paint.

MTVP

Reaction score
I paid $1100 in Tampa , FL. in the spring of 2017. That covered the mirrors, front fascia, a quarter of the hood and fenders. It also covered the headlights, and fogs. I drove back to MI. after spending the winter in FL. I soon left for a trip out west to OR. Still no paint chips after almost two years. I thought at the time that it was too much money. In hindsight, seeing no paint chips in the front is very stress reducing. Money well spent !

Last edited:

slackerwil

Reaction score
I paid $1300 for full hood, front fenders, bumper, side mirrors, all 4 door cups, 4 door edges, and headlights/fogs.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my bumper lights fenders hood rockers and the roof up to the sunroof done. Also have 5 coats of ceramic pro on the whole truck. $5300.

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
full truck with tints 5000 cash 2016 denali had it done when i bought the truck

Coronado126

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I paid just over 1k for bumper, grille, 24" onto the hood wrapping down around the fronts of the fenders, and the back of the mirrors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz