How much should this cost to repair?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

razor488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMG_4611.JPG

I backed into my inlaws' car and my right rear bumper separated from the panel above it. Seems to me that the bumper needs to be taken off and the clips replaced? I plan on taking it to my dealership for a quote but if they are too high I will just take it to an independent body shop. Thoughts on estimated repair cost?

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may have just popped out of the clips too. It doesn't look like the holes are broken. I would try undoing the screws in the wheel well and see if you can just push it back into place, then put the screw back in.

Sorry, I have no idea what the cost would be at the dealer or somewhere else. I'm sure it's more than it should be. ;-)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you determine that you can't repair it yourself, I'd suggest taking it to a body shop instead of the dealer. Body shop will know exactly what to do and may even "pop" it back together at no charge, whereas the dealer may struggle and charge you $250

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a easy fix, maybe take that rear passenger tire off, then take a couple of the black shroud screws out on the backside then you can reach inside there and pop the bumper cover clips back on, might be able to just do it from underneath, it's just a plastic cover

wu6fiend

Reaction score
If it is like the front fascia, that area is attached to the body by clips only. Just press into place. If the clips (or the part of the fascia that attaches to the clips) aren't broken, you should be able to just press it back into place. Can you look at it from below, and see if there is any damage? Or, as suggested by another poster, remove the inner wheel liner and look at the inside via that access point?

Tk59194

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This happened to my wife's as well. I literally took back side of my closed fist and popped it back into place with a few forceful hits.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No crease usually means not much if any stretching. Do it soon before the cold hits. If it won’t stay popped back apply a little heat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401