Would a Cadillac alignment be better than a Chevrolet or GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In our area the Cadillac dealer also have Chevrolet franchise in house also. I would say they have same alignment tech do both brands.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No. They are all GM techs and trained the same. It is how well they use that training to align rigs. I don't trust tire shop alignment techs. A lot of alignment guys/girls, set the toe and let it go. Whoever you have do it, make sure to get a before and after readings print out and post here and also do the research in your area for quality. Mind you, I don't trust tire shop alignment techs but that does not mean a good one cannot work there. If there is a shop in the area that specializes in steering and suspension, they might be the best choice for alignments.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is a shop in the area that specializes in steering and suspension, they might be the best choice for alignments.

this would be my vote.

had a "new" dually several years ago that had two alignments at two separate dealerships in the first year of ownership - neither could get it tracking down the road correctly. probably because they were using the OEM recommended specs vs actually aligning it

found a shop that fixed it - the type of place that never advertises, they have plenty of business on word of mouth alone, I just had to ask the right person (posed a question on a statewide FB swap shop as the alignment shop was 75 miles away)

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
With cost of tires and problems from ill handling rigs, an alignment shop that does it right, is worth the drive. We have one here in Eugene, Or. that does a great job and provides the print outs. They use Hunter alignment equipment and that is the name of the shop, Hunter Alignment Shop. They specialize in steering and suspension.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody think that a Cadillac tech would provide a better alignment than a Chevy or gmc tech?
It's the man not who he works for. Tell them you want specific numbers/drive handle certain way and not set it in the green and let it go. Make sure you get the before and after print outs.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thinking is that a Cadillac tech might be paid a little better, might be better trained and maybe the specs on the cadi Escalade a little tighter.
These are built in the same plant, by the same workers, by the same assembly process.
The techs are interchangeable at the dealers (the ones that carry both product lines).

I spent 3 years in a Chevy/Caddy dealer, nothing was done differently, all customers were treated the same.

They aren't better, just different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts