Woman took my car... civil issue... trying to get it back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have them ****** it when she is at work or at the store that is the best bet..

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
@Doubeleive @Rocket Man

I would need to call the local sheriff and see what they say in regards to that matter. I've spoken to my attorney and he said I can't breach the peace.
I'm not so worried about going there and having it towed. It's the fact I can't find anyone to tow it. The only person who I've spoken to has yet to do it, repo people won't and no other tow truck driver will do it either. I can't go there and do 30 min key relearn. So my options are limited. Believe me, you think I want to keep paying for a car and insurance for someone like her? This is the last thing I want to do. I'm stressed, lawyer bills out the ass... haven't seen my daughter in almost 40 days, coronavirus shutting down courts left and right. I have 100 things on my mind and this is just one of them.

Believe me I want the car back, I want someone to get off their ass and tow it... it's yet to happen. I will call the local sheriff's office (that's who maintains this area) and see what they say about breaching the peace. I have a feeling they are going to tell me it's civil and I'll need to take them to court. I am not joking, I've had a lot of recent talks with the police in regards to this woman and I never normally engage the police and they like to pull the it's civil and you'll need to take her to court...

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doubeleive @Rocket Man

I would need to call the local sheriff and see what they say in regards to that matter. I've spoken to my attorney and he said I can't breach the peace.
I'm not so worried about going there and having it towed. It's the fact I can't find anyone to tow it. The only person who I've spoken to has yet to do it, repo people won't and no other tow truck driver will do it either. I can't go there and do 30 min key relearn. So my options are limited. Believe me, you think I want to keep paying for a car and insurance for someone like her? This is the last thing I want to do. I'm stressed, lawyer bills out the ass... haven't seen my daughter in almost 40 days, coronavirus shutting down courts left and right. I have 100 things on my mind and this is just one of them.

Believe me I want the car back, I want someone to get off their ass and tow it... it's yet to happen. I will call the local sheriff's office (that's who maintains this area) and see what they say about breaching the peace. I have a feeling they are going to tell me it's civil and I'll need to take them to court. I am not joking, I've had a lot of recent talks with the police in regards to this woman and I never normally engage the police and they like to pull the it's civil and you'll need to take her to court...
does your insurance have roadside assistance?, if not I bet one of your credit cards does, if not go get AAA roadside assistance it's about $135 for a year.
once you figure out which way to get roadside assistance, call and request a tow just say it wont start (which is true, it wont until you do the relearn). when they tell you a expected time of arrival be there in person at the same time. have it towed.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
does your insurance have roadside assistance?, if not I bet one of your credit cards does, if not go get AAA roadside assistance it's about $135 for a year.
once you figure out which way to get roadside assistance, call and request a tow just say it wont start (which is true, it wont until you do the relearn). when they tell you a expected time of arrival be there in person at the same time. have it towed.

Then once again, I'm not telling the tow driver what's really going on. They show up there, lights on, in no hurry, she comes out and then it goes back to breach of peace, which I'm in the process of finding out exactly what that means in this area.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then once again, I'm not telling the tow driver what's really going on. They show up there, lights on, in no hurry, she comes out and then it goes back to breach of peace, which I'm in the process of finding out exactly what that means in this area.
that's not on you, that's on her. have your phone out and record before you get there and until you leave the premises with your truck. It's your property LEGALLY end of story.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AND since you have tons of lawyer fee's consult your lawyer he/she know's good dam well what breaching the peace means in your state.

latvius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting lawyers involved just adds more expense, for what they charge you would be better off just paying the bill. On another note the bank loaned YOU the money, the insurance company provides insurance to YOU. This whole subleasing thing is not a great idea nor would I go around telling people about it.
The way I see it, either stop payment and let the bank reposes it and take the hit or go unlock the door open the hood and take YOUR battery. Call for a tow the next day, tow it to your house and problem solved.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting lawyers involved just adds more expense, for what they charge you would be better off just paying the bill. On another note the bank loaned YOU the money, the insurance company provides insurance to YOU. This whole subleasing thing is not a great idea nor would I go around telling people about it.
The way I see it, either stop payment and let the bank reposes it and take the hit or go unlock the door open the hood and take YOUR battery. Call for a tow the next day, tow it to your house and problem solved.
a lot of dealers are doing free tows if you get repairs

or find a shop that does free tows if you get it repaired.

or call a lock smith and have it reprogrammed (bring title/reg as they only deal with the legal owner).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts