Woman took my car... civil issue... trying to get it back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
Have things gotten any better for you/your daughter?

Yes and no...

Yes, because she's with me the majority of the time, we have a great schedule, structure, bedtimes, routines, have a lot of fun together etc.

The bad...
Mother shows up at school and sees daughter each morning when I drop her off... sees her last before school, gives her lunch etc
I think it's a violation of the DVI... working the issue with lawyer

Also making major medical decisions (therapy) without my consent... working that issue as well and I believe the therapist is stopping after I made it clear my lawyer was about to get involved. Still waiting on the detailed notes, she denied me initially until I followed back up sternly.

Continues to post about me on social media... addressing that as well

Filed contempt against me within 10 days.. nothing in it, probably not going to make the judge happy, nothing I can do about that.

She's appealing the order... that's her right, we shall see what happens.

Continually sends me parenting messages almost demanding 50/50 custody and it's in the best interest of our daughter, she's upset etc...
I don't respond except the occasional, she doesn't act how you mentioned in my care, doesn't do those things etc.
The mother is the one who makes up these lies or upsets my daughter by crying when she's around, making up things, false promises etc.

My phone calls don't happen when she's not with me at the scheduled time... it's random... 20-30 mins before, 20-120 mins after, even though I'm the one who does the outreach for all calls.
We are going to address that, as a specific time is in the order unless we both agree. We obviously can't. I've suggested moving up calls as she says it interferes with her schedule. The issue is, she still wouldn't answer or call at that new time.

So... Good she's with me, but I fully expect nothing to ever change. I dealt with her long enough and I see the exact same things she did with her son.

So that's the update for now.. nothing really scheduled on the books yet. She's still awaiting her criminal hearing for the initial DVI violation.
At this point just stay the path, do as best I can etc. I will say, being a single parent is a lot of work :)
I don't mind it, but now that I'm doing it, I give more props to other single parents, especially if you have more than 1 kid!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point just stay the path, do as best I can etc. I will say, being a single parent is a lot of work :)
I don't mind it, but now that I'm doing it, I give more props to other single parents, especially if you have more than 1 kid!

There are a lot of single parents out there, which would lead me to believe there are probably lots of support groups out there. If you haven't already, look for one of those. You never know, you might learn something.

Good luck. REad all these pages, I hope things continue to improve.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes and no...

Yes, because she's with me the majority of the time, we have a great schedule, structure, bedtimes, routines, have a lot of fun together etc.

The bad...
Mother shows up at school and sees daughter each morning when I drop her off... sees her last before school, gives her lunch etc
I think it's a violation of the DVI... working the issue with lawyer

Also making major medical decisions (therapy) without my consent... working that issue as well and I believe the therapist is stopping after I made it clear my lawyer was about to get involved. Still waiting on the detailed notes, she denied me initially until I followed back up sternly.

Continues to post about me on social media... addressing that as well

Filed contempt against me within 10 days.. nothing in it, probably not going to make the judge happy, nothing I can do about that.

She's appealing the order... that's her right, we shall see what happens.

Continually sends me parenting messages almost demanding 50/50 custody and it's in the best interest of our daughter, she's upset etc...
I don't respond except the occasional, she doesn't act how you mentioned in my care, doesn't do those things etc.
The mother is the one who makes up these lies or upsets my daughter by crying when she's around, making up things, false promises etc.

My phone calls don't happen when she's not with me at the scheduled time... it's random... 20-30 mins before, 20-120 mins after, even though I'm the one who does the outreach for all calls.
We are going to address that, as a specific time is in the order unless we both agree. We obviously can't. I've suggested moving up calls as she says it interferes with her schedule. The issue is, she still wouldn't answer or call at that new time.

So... Good she's with me, but I fully expect nothing to ever change. I dealt with her long enough and I see the exact same things she did with her son.

So that's the update for now.. nothing really scheduled on the books yet. She's still awaiting her criminal hearing for the initial DVI violation.
I was a single parent with 2 kids. Your sacrifices will pay off one day. Just make sure you never put any woman ahead of your daughter. Hopefully your daughter's "mother" will get bored and leave you guys alone. Good luck to you and your daughter.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
been awhile.. here's an update...

I've come to the realization she is a narcissist. Most likely a covert one but also malignant narcissist with histrionic, and borderline personality disorder to boot.

Go look that up on the internet.
Some of the things she does/is:
Pathological liar
Blames everyone but herself for any and all issues
Is vengeful to no end
Doesn't care what harm she causes to get to her end goal
Blows up at a seconds notice
Gaslights you < Means makes up repeated false claims over and over, which is similar to a pathological liar, so you end up second guessing yourself...

So after I've come to this understanding, I was able to petition the court for a court order therapist to evaluate us. The judge decided it was in the best interest for one to be appointed and so the process began.

To make a long story short, I showed up promptly on 3 occasions to go through the mental evaluation process. It's basically answering 1500 questions, and a lot are repetitive or similar in nature. Apparently I'm normal and I am able to function properly and I have structure and follow social norms.

She was found to have histrionic issues and a inflated sense of self worth. Pretty much spot on to who she is in real life. Feel free to look up the terms I used above or watch videos to learn more.

So after the therapist evaluated us both she sent the report back to our lawyers.
The "recommendation" to the judge is as follows:
She would get her ever 21 days on the weekend only. Sharing Thanksgiving and splitting XMAS break and rotating each year.
She would also get 14 days of vacation which could be split up in (2) 7 day increments.

No, I'm skeptical because since my last posting, this woman has done everything imaginable to ruin my life, destroy me, and I do mean the worst of the worst. Luckily everything has so far turned out OK, but I am just waiting for the next ball to drop and see what she comes up with this time.

I'm happy the judge was aware of this type of evaluation and apparently it's rare in our area, but he knows about it and was happy to have an expert weigh in. Now, it comes down to what he decides in court and after testimony from witnesses.

Thought I'd stop in and let people know what was going on. It's draining, it's tiring and it's impossible to co-parent with a narcissist. It could be raining cats and dogs and they would say, it's sunny outside. You could record them saying Yes 10 times in a row and they would swear up and down they said No each time. It's pointless to try to co-parent, and you just do you best to "not engage" them. It's a learning process, it's tough and I know she's constantly trying to get me to react or engage with her, but that's what feeds her. She lives for drama, she lives for conflict and she lives for constant attention, no matter where it comes from.

Hope this helps someone... The cost was around $10k, but I know some can go as high as $25k or up to $50k depending on the issues at hand and length of time. We had a short window due to the nature of the calendar for trial, but it has been worth it as many people see who she really is, and the fake persona she gives through social media, is a nothing but a facade (fake) projection, that I hope is finally catching up to her.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, so sorry you got mixed up with her and even worse had a kid with her. I had a long term relationship with a woman with most of those traits. I got lucky and was able to get away from her but it wasn’t easy and it took a long time. I didn’t have any kids with her, luckily although I did end up taking care of one of hers after she turned 18. I ended up having the police remove her from my home. She has been homeless for the last few years after using about a dozen men after me over a 4 year period until she couldn’t find another one I guess. She’s the reason, or final straw I guess, as to why I’m single today. I’m too old to take another chance and trust another one. I’d rather not be attached anymore. It’s way easier.

OP
OP
F

fixmycar

Reaction score
For some reason I don't get notifications...
Yes, I'm not too old yet, but it feels like I've aged 20 years sometimes... I hear you there, I enjoy being single for now and my daughter is #1 priority and she takes up a lot of time. I'm not sure how single parents do it without help.

I've learned a lot... The best advice is to engage as little as possible and document everything in writing or have witnesses.
The good thing is my daughter is doing great. Super Dad is always there!

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, and i thought this was a tahoeyukon forum, not a mycrazyex forum. Wild

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9