Wiring harness Q?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shiftredline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was told by Bestbuy that I need a Class 2 Interface cable for my 03 Tahoe stereo. Im putting in an JVC DVD headunit. I was quoted 110 for the harness. I have no onstar and non bose unit. Is this correct and i need this expensive harness or what. If so does anyone know where to get it cheaper. I'm so use to my older cars where it was a $14 cable splice some wires and you where done.

Thanks

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You do need a Class II databus interface for all 03+ GM trucks, whether you have on-star, bose, or not. You can find it cheaper elsewhere though.

OP
OP
S

shiftredline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You do need a Class II databus interface for all 03+ GM trucks, whether you have on-star, bose, or not. You can find it cheaper elsewhere though.

Another Question for ya. I seen one of your earlier post about the GMOS-02 data bus (NON BOSE). I went to a shop and they sold me the GMOS-04 harness. Can I still use that even if I dont not have onstar or bose. Thanks again for your time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted