2009 Suburban 2500 - Wiring / Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EvergreenZ71

Reaction score
01/11/ Update:

Swung by the dealership for a flash, unfortunately they only managed to get the heated seats working - so I will continue to diagnose why we couldn't find the memory portion. They said that they had to use the "Aftermarket SPO" seat option. I will report back with more information when I learn of it.
I’m impressed they were even able to do it!

I’d love to swap out the heated seats I have with heated & cooled. Never considered their value until having them in my Tahoe. But I digress…

It seems like even simple programming changes are getting too much for even the dealerships. I had to educate my local one on what afterblow was to get it programmed and they couldn’t fix the memory / towing mirror issue. How no one considered that someone would ever want a fully loaded LT with memory seats AND towing mirrors is beyond me. Dealership tried disabling the memory mirrors, but they just go to a random corner when key fob is used. I finally discovered that the best solution was to get extra fobs and set the normally used fobs as the 3rd & 4th. Use old ones for 1 & 2 to assign to the memory positions and never use them.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice work and lucky wife. The rarity of the 09 2500 with that milage absolutely necessitates adding the heated and memory seats.

I assume the truck didn’t have the power fold mirror option. You really had your work cut out up fitting the options. Someone at the dealer really knew their stuff. I’d love to see some pics and know what the aftermarket SPO seat options is.

OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01/21 Update:

Spent the afternoon working on some other up-fitting.

Installed some power fold tow mirrors, fairly straight forward. Only thing that was a little obnoxious was actually just /deciding/ what I wanted to tap into. Connected into the X2-22 reverse signal for the backup light on the mirrors.

I also went ahead and installed an alpine 507 head unit, pretty pleased with it so far.

Last things outstanding is the memory function buttons… I think it may just come down to needing to find someone with a tech 2 to sit down with and try some things.

OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Realized this morning that when I unlock the truck, the previous owners memory setting are triggered… so clearly everything “works” I just need to get my DDM to talk to the MModule… that seems like a simple program issue… so I will start the hunt for a tuner and advise.

If any GM tuners in the SE wisconsin / northern IL area (I’m over by Twin Lakes) feel like troubleshooting with me give me a holler! Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep