2009 Suburban 2500 - Wiring / Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the site hoped I could find some help.

I recently purchased a 2009 2500 with 14,000 miles, outside of the usual older car that didn’t drive much maintenance, my wife wanted me to upgrade the 6 way power seats to memory seats with heat (not cooled).

After a fair amount of eBay warrior’ing I picked up a pair of seats out of an ‘08 Denali, driver and passenger door bevels and switches, a new Denali left I/P junction block (mine was missing the appropriate pins in X13), and a brand new Denali body wire harness.

This weekend I tore the interior out of the truck, swapped harnesses, swapped my leather and cushions over to the new full power frames, and put it all back together.

Fingers crossed… the truck started with no catastrophic explosions or electrical fires. As far as I know, once I get my DDM and PDM flashed the memory and heat /should/ work. However, I have lost my rear camera and power to the exterior button to open my lift-gate.

The lift-gate glass still opens fine, so it appears to be limited to the door switch only. Is this as simple as a BCM flash? The parking assist sensors all work correctly.

I do have… one plug from my dash that did not have a corresponding plug on my new harness. I believe? This is the camera? - lol. It’s a black, blue, bare connector in the passenger kickplate grey electrical pocket.

Anyone familiar with factory camera wiring able to advise on if I just need to run this cable back to the C405 connector?

OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01/09 Update:

Took a multimeter to my old harness to determine that I was correct in that my “extra plug” at the passenger kick board was the camera. I traced my new harness to find the camera doing a full loop around the truck and then disappearing up my C pillar into the ceiling somewhere. I can only assume that plug in the truck was previously unused because my old harness did not have a plug to match. After some solder and shielding work I ran a jumper from the new harness connection at the C pillar (white, Blue, un-coated) to my kick board plug and the camera was back in action.

Still need to resolve my lift gate switch. I did some investigating and I have power at the 44 fuse w/ continuity thru the fuse so at this point I’m assuming that the switch signal from the BCM is getting lost at the two “unused” wire plugs in my harness which is power lift gate capable but not installed. I’m going to look at jumping the BCM voltage across those two and see if that doesn’t resolve my swi-sue.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you might get a bit more help if this is moved to the correct forum - you're in the '21+ Electronics forum.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think you might get a bit more help if this is moved to the correct forum - you're in the '21+ Electronics forum.

So moved. When you see a thread that should be moved, the Report link can be used to notify a mod instead of waiting for one of us to trip over it. Personally I'm clumsy enough without outside help. ;)

EDIT: or tag one of us in the thread.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
01/09 Update:

Took a multimeter to my old harness to determine that I was correct in that my “extra plug” at the passenger kick board was the camera. I traced my new harness to find the camera doing a full loop around the truck and then disappearing up my C pillar into the ceiling somewhere. I can only assume that plug in the truck was previously unused because my old harness did not have a plug to match. After some solder and shielding work I ran a jumper from the new harness connection at the C pillar (white, Blue, un-coated) to my kick board plug and the camera was back in action.

Still need to resolve my lift gate switch. I did some investigating and I have power at the 44 fuse w/ continuity thru the fuse so at this point I’m assuming that the switch signal from the BCM is getting lost at the two “unused” wire plugs in my harness which is power lift gate capable but not installed. I’m going to look at jumping the BCM voltage across those two and see if that doesn’t resolve my swi-sue.
You can get access to the wiring diagram for your truck at AllDataDIY.

OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01/10 Update:

You know… it’s amazing how different the logic/wiring behind the lift-gate switch is between power and manual- hahaha.

So I jumped X6-13 from the BCM to 405 B8, no change. Determined that was still needed, but then I also needed to jump X7-1 and X7-3 to B9 and B10 at 217. With that, I believe my final step to be jumping B11 at 217 down to the LGM plus J1-5 which effectively restores the switch functionality as wired for my non power lift-gate flash. While making adding a power lift-gate still reasonably plug and play with only a flash required…

Long story short, we /should/ … might? Have a lift-gate switch again tonight.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01/11/ Update:

Swung by the dealership for a flash, unfortunately they only managed to get the heated seats working - so I will continue to diagnose why we couldn't find the memory portion. They said that they had to use the "Aftermarket SPO" seat option. I will report back with more information when I learn of it.

OP
OP
J

Jimmit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Generally annoyed with spending the money at the dealership with regards to the pathetic feedback I received… definitely need to just buy a tuner and sps subscription.

On a positive note, the re-wiring prescribed above was successful in getting my tailgate working again. I imagine I’m a couple of wires (looking at you door harness) and a flash away from memory seats. As of 01/11, we have the most expensive heated seat upgrade ever. Well, we got heated seats /and/ power lumbar. No more turning a knob for me… worth it? Lol

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to persist and figure it out! Thanks for updating us too so we now have it as part of our collective knowledge. Heated power seats and a functional liftgate = nice. Experience and knowledge gained in the process = priceless.