Wire on Denali to tap for power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
I'm trying to wire up some aux backup lights that are independent of the reverse wire to switched on and off as needed. What wire in the dash of an '03 Denali is a good source of power to tap??

Pics or diagram would be awesome. ;-)

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Come on, I know I've seen this on here, just can't seem to ever find what I want with the "search" function....

bkboatnsleds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not go right to the fuse panel? If its decent power draw - I'd consider running a relay.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

ALso the 7 pin harness has a AUX power on the plug, you could pull from there and just run a switch up to the dash..

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thick (10-12 gauge) red or red with a white stripe at the back of the drivers side dash fuse panel.

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
Thanks, guys.

Not sure what the 7-pin harness is, though. I'm still an electrical novice despite my many hours of messing with headlights.....

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the round electrical plug next to your hitch that you connect a trailer's electrical to!!

OP
OP
DenaliAK

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
It's the round electrical plug next to your hitch that you connect a trailer's electrical to!!

Oh, that one.

lol

I thought we were talking about something under the dash.

So...tap that, or fuse tap? I thought there was a good power source in the ignition wires, I'm just not sure which one.......

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to use an ignition wire, use the thick pink wire at the fuse panel or ignition switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia