Wire harness replacement or ecm plugs replacement, also need ECM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL SLT Flex
Anyone replace their complete engine harness ?

How difficult is it?

Are the ECM plugs un-pinable and re-pinable in order to swap them out?
Best place to get a replacement ECM?
Does the replacement ECM need to programed or can it just plug and play?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 Yukon XL SLT Flex
Anyone replace their complete engine harness ?

How difficult is it?

Are the ECM plugs un-pinable and re-pinable in order to swap them out?
Best place to get a replacement ECM?
Does the replacement ECM need to programed or can it just plug and play?

Why do you believe you need to replace the whole wiring harness? Its not hard, just tedious. You can remove the pins with the proper extractor tools and some rubbing alcohol. Its a PCM, not ECM, The ECM(Engine control module) was only attached to the engine. The PCM is connected to your engine and transmission. The PCM (Powertrain control module) has to be programmed to your VIN. You could luck out and get a used one that came off a vehicle thats an identical program to yours and it would work. Used ones can be had on ebay and Car-parts.com

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
6 wires needed attention and silicone to hold them in place. I figure if these wires are corroded there is a good chance there other wires that may also be compromised.
and Why chase wiring issues and codes.
FYI after the clean up and repair of them wires, the truck was running great and then-- i just got a P0300 and P0332. So the question is am i now getting codes do bad wiring or something actually wrong.?????