What Wire Harness is This?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just purchased a 2006 Yukon XL Denali from my sister. The truck has the Bose system with touch screen Nav and the 6 CD disc changer. They also had an aftermarket Parrot Bluetooth installed back in 2007 that had it's own crazy wire tie in with the factory unit. So I am in the process of installing a new Alpine doubledin stereo with a system that allows me to still use the factory amp and steering wheel controls. I have a question though. In the picture, there are two wiring harness' and a random plug. The one on the left is the standard one, and the one in the middle and on the right I'm not sure what it is, or if I need to do something with it. I'm thinking it has to do with the Disc changer? Any help would be great.

image0.jpeg

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 6

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say the disk changer is a good guess. One could also go to the rear entertainment system. They all should have different shape connectors, so is it possible to just plug what fits into the new radio and do a process of elimination?

Sorry, best I got.

OP
OP
Devlin

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would say the disk changer is a good guess. One could also go to the rear entertainment system. They all should have different shape connectors, so is it possible to just plug what fits into the new radio and do a process of elimination?

Sorry, best I got.
I forgot the DVD player. That may be it. Still waiting on more parts to complete the install.

Tuco8ntJoKen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I just purchased a 2006 Yukon XL Denali from my sister. The truck has the Bose system with touch screen Nav and the 6 CD disc changer. They also had an aftermarket Parrot Bluetooth installed back in 2007 that had it's own crazy wire tie in with the factory unit. So I am in the process of installing a new Alpine doubledin stereo with a system that allows me to still use the factory amp and steering wheel controls. I have a question though. In the picture, there are two wiring harness' and a random plug. The one on the left is the standard one, and the one in the middle and on the right I'm not sure what it is, or if I need to do something with it. I'm thinking it has to do with the Disc changer? Any help would be great.
Those two plugs would be for the XM radio and amp located behind the glove box.

OP
OP
Devlin

Devlin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Those two plugs would be for the XM radio and amp located behind the glove box.
Not using XM, but the kit I bought from Crutchfield said that It will still use the factory amp for the Bose speakers. Are there two amps in the Denali's? I thought the amp was under the center console.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not using XM, but the kit I bought from Crutchfield said that It will still use the factory amp for the Bose speakers. Are there two amps in the Denali's? I thought the amp was under the center console.
It depends on the year. I can’t say for sure with the ‘06, but my ‘02 was behind the dash and my ‘11 Denali is under the center console.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts