Issue starting 2015 Yukon after changing transmission wire harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Mongolas

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd absolutely get a good bi-directional scan tool...These days, you really can't be without one if you want to do any diag/troubleshooting yourself...

Look into Snap On or Autel...Autel scanners are a little less expensive for much of the same capabilities you would want to have though I think they're made in China while the SnapOns are made either here or in an allied country...

The other consideration is whether you want a stand alone bi-directional scanner or something that has both bi-directional scan as well as lab scope capabilities...A third consideration is whether you want something with WiFi...The more features you have the higher the price...

Also make sure you buy something that is still supported and upgradable by the manufacturer...Since your vehicle is fairly recent, new information and/or module updates may be developed and pushed out to end users for updating...Snap On's website has all the scan tools they currently support (I imagine Autel's does as well)...Other makers include Bosch, OTC/SPX and Innova but I don't know anything about them...
That's a lot of good information, I appreciate it.

My mechanic was nice enough to come down and use his scanner (his shop is just down the road from me) and it threw a bunch of codes indicating one of the main connectors was not connected. Not sure how it wasn't since the thing can only be connected and locked or not connected and very loose since I tried to play with it when I had the pan off a second time. I wiped some of the excess fluid off and reconnected it, making sure it was locked and snapped in. Got it all put back together with the fluid re-added and it started right up. No more check engine lights and it seemed to of fixed my main issue, with easier shifting. It still sometimes shifts SORT of hard, like noticeable, but it's not HARD hard, if that makes sense. And the temp sensor works, it just takes a little bit of driving to get up to temperature. But all in all, it seems to be okay for now.

I was looking at Autel scanners on Amazon but kind of figured they're made in China. I'm willing to drop 1000 dollars on one eventually as I really don't want to have to rely on others to address any future issues. The thing I hate the most about working on cars is just not knowing what's wrong, and figuring out what it is. Physically replacing parts is a lot easier than figuring out what the problem is to begin with. I'll check out SnapOns though as I'd rather pay a little more for something that I would assume would be better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar