will you get a RST Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll stick with the LS. Nicely equipped for almost half the price. For me, it is a people/stuff hauler that needs to be comfortable over long distances.

Probably holds its value the best too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paid $46,200 for it. kBB trade value for excellent condition is $37,400 - $39,700.

Because dealerships always give KBB excellent condition dollar amounts for trade-ins...

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new twin turbo engine from GM (or better said Cadillac) does slightly vary from that being referenced in the Ford F150’s... Slightly different by 2 cyclinders (no big deal). It’s a 4.2L V8 not a 3.5L V6.

Additionally if you google “GM 4.2 Twin Turbo Engine” all links and articles spell out specifically that this engine will be a Cadillac specific power plant, likely on the CT6 line-up.

Based on what’s being reported on this engine I could see it being Cadillac specific initially, remember the old Northstar V8’s?!?! However, with a couple years of success we may see it stuffed into other GM platforms. Unless Cadillac is trying to really separate themselves from the rest of the GM brand. But I definitely do not see the 4.2L Twin Turbo (LTA) engine being shared with the Denali or even the Escalade for that matter.

All being said the Cadillac 4.2 TT V8 (LTA) sounds promising with 550HP/627TQ in the CT6 “V-Sport” and 500HP/550TQ in the Non V-Sport models.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The new twin turbo engine from GM (or better said Cadillac) does slightly vary from that being referenced in the Ford F150’s... Slightly different by 2 cyclinders (no big deal). It’s a 4.2L V8 not a 3.5L V6.

Additionally if you google “GM 4.2 Twin Turbo Engine” all links and articles spell out specifically that this engine will be a Cadillac specific power plant, likely on the CT6 line-up.

Based on what’s being reported on this engine I could see it being Cadillac specific initially, remember the old Northstar V8’s?!?! However, with a couple years of success we may see it stuffed into other GM platforms. Unless Cadillac is trying to really separate themselves from the rest of the GM brand. But I definitely do not see the 4.2L Twin Turbo (LTA) engine being shared with the Denali or even the Escalade for that matter.

All being said the Cadillac 4.2 TT V8 (LTA) sounds promising with 550HP/627TQ in the CT6 “V-Sport” and 500HP/550TQ in the Non V-Sport models.

Sounds like the perfect engine to go into an Escalade/Denali to me. Especially now that GM is getting decent competition from Ford/Lincoln.

OP
OP
humer101

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect engine to go into an Escalade/Denali to me. Especially now that GM is getting decent competition from Ford/Lincoln.

I'm not sure but I believe GM and Ford are using the same transmission.
Will put the link later where they mention the design and make the 10 speed together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Oh I don’t disagree and I would like to see it happen as well. It just seems for the most part it’s being positioned as a “Cadillac only” engine, specifically the CT6.

Any way you slice it it’s encouraging to see GM finally developing a TT V8 motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE