will you get a RST Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were in the market for a new-to-me full-size SUV 3-5 years from now, I'd likely buy one at that point, since it would be in the sweet spot in terms of remaining life vs. depreciated value. I just can't see throwing that much money at a new or like-new vehicle at this price level, since it's always going to be a depreciating asset.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will find out if people here are cheap or they really like I nice a powerful truck .
I’m not cheap nor do I dislike a powerful suv. But I don’t find it’s boy racer looks appealing on such a big vehicle. I’d rather have a Denali XL.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will find out if people here are cheap or they really like I nice a powerful truck .

2019 Chevy Suburban RST Performance Package finally adds the big engine - Autoblog

https://search.app.goo.gl/y5Lv5

Shared from my Google feed

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Blech.

Reminds me of my moms Chrysler caravan ‘sport’.

If you have a grocery getter own it.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I would buy a new burb any day of the week.....but for “performance” alone, I wouldn’t waste $80k on a Tahoe or Burb......might as well get an SRT Cherokee or Durango....

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would buy a new burb any day of the week.....but for “performance” alone, I wouldn’t waste $80k on a Tahoe or Burb......might as well get an SRT Cherokee or Durango....

Or cayenne. Or q5. Or x3.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or cayenne. Or q5. Or x3.
Only the 2019 Cayenne! Very excited for that.

I don’t feel like calling the burb an RST and giving it black trim makes it a performance vehicle. There’s just not enough engineering dollars there and I doubt there ever would be to truly make it a vehicle that could perform. And considering they’ve admitted they cheaped out on this gen, there isn’t much money invested in this. It’s just a marketing tactic to draw more buyers. No thanks. I personally think it’s a goofy new trim and I’d rather put my money on the Denali nameplate.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
It's good to see the 6.2 finally being offered on the Suburban. However, I'm not a fan of the RST aesthetic or sport appearance packages on body on frame SUVs in general. Leave that stuff for the crossovers. If they offer the 6.2 (or upcoming I6 diesel) on any trim that can be equipped with 4x4 and the 2 speed t-case, then I'll be back in the market for a Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne