Should I trade my 16 Denali for a RST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeMax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just traded my ‘15 loaded Denali for a High Country….. we struggled deciding on what options we wanted and could live without.
For the longest time we were torn between the Z71 and the GMC AT4…..
my wife is short and loved the retractable side steps on her Denali…. The RSt and Z71 don’t offer it…. The AT4 does, but the one we found was 83k….. then we found a mostly loaded High Country for 86k…..
I love it….it’s just not as “sporty“ looking….. but I’m 61 so I need to grow up.

Tinbadtin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you’re shopping for a Tahoe/Yukon and want “real” luxury you may want to check BMW or Mercedes. None of the GMs be as refined as an X7 or GLS. The Caddy comes close in some areas but still a GM underneath so you will not get the refinement. I agree I sworn to never buy a vehicle without a HUD, amazed it’s not mandated since it keeps your attention on the road and cost like $100 to put in (you can go aftermarket but it looks crap obviously).

I think paying ~100k for a GM product to get the HUD and other (must have) amenities is nuts but to each their own…. We have an X7 M50i for daily duty (4 kids) and a base model Suburban for the rare occasion we need to bring everyone and their mother or tow something. The X7 is not as roomy as the Suburban but none of the GMs come even close when it comes to luxury, tech, ride and refinement.

OP
OP
gmgirl77

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just traded my ‘15 loaded Denali for a High Country….. we struggled deciding on what options we wanted and could live without.
For the longest time we were torn between the Z71 and the GMC AT4…..
my wife is short and loved the retractable side steps on her Denali…. The RSt and Z71 don’t offer it…. The AT4 does, but the one we found was 83k….. then we found a mostly loaded High Country for 86k…..
I love it….it’s just not as “sporty“ looking….. but I’m 61 so I need to grow up.
Its so odd to me that at these price points they take some things away. I personally hated the retractable side steps I had on my Suburban. Once the ice or snow gets on them its one more thing to break, but thats just my opinion. Im a little hung up on the RST performance edition not even having a sunroof, hud, or ventilated seats. I can get over the last two, but a sun roof? thats odd. (for 80K)

OP
OP
gmgirl77

gmgirl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you’re shopping for a Tahoe/Yukon and want “real” luxury you may want to check BMW or Mercedes. None of the GMs be as refined as an X7 or GLS. The Caddy comes close in some areas but still a GM underneath so you will not get the refinement. I agree I sworn to never buy a vehicle without a HUD, amazed it’s not mandated since it keeps your attention on the road and cost like $100 to put in (you can go aftermarket but it looks crap obviously).

I think paying ~100k for a GM product to get the HUD and other (must have) amenities is nuts but to each their own…. We have an X7 M50i for daily duty (4 kids) and a base model Suburban for the rare occasion we need to bring everyone and their mother or tow something. The X7 is not as roomy as the Suburban but none of the GMs come even close when it comes to luxury, tech, ride and refinement.
I get what you are saying, but I am for some reason brand loyal, its GM for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo