will you get a RST Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In some cases I have gotten that. Depends how motivated the dealer is to make the sale.

And it really depends on how much meat is left in the deal.

If they’re making 5k on your new car then they may give you $1k OVER kbb price in the trade.

How nice of them!!

They’d never write you a check for the top end of KBB ‘excellent’ figure if you weren’t buying a new vehicle.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in the engine but not in the color restrictions. I want the blue.

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the 6.2 on an SLT on the MY2019

Well in 9 years when I am ready to sell it then hopefully the 6.2 (6.4? Twin Turbo?) will be available with a cloth interior and 2nd row bench. Time will tell.

In a world where you can get cheese in a can, buy a shirt with anything you want on it, or order coffee with a foam selfie on the top, you would think that car manufacturers would allow you to order a-la-carte. But no. Order the sunroof, and you have to take the "Sound and Sun" package. Want the 6.2l/10 Speed trans?...Oh it comes with leather and 2nd row captains chairs and a bunch of other shit you don't want. Want LED daytime running lights? -> Only on the Premier (I know its available on all models now).

Its not just GM either, but it still pisses me off.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well in 9 years when I am ready to sell it then hopefully the 6.2 (6.4? Twin Turbo?) will be available with a cloth interior and 2nd row bench. Time will tell.

In a world where you can get cheese in a can, buy a shirt with anything you want on it, or order coffee with a foam selfie on the top, you would think that car manufacturers would allow you to order a-la-carte. But no. Order the sunroof, and you have to take the "Sound and Sun" package. Want the 6.2l/10 Speed trans?...Oh it comes with leather and 2nd row captains chairs and a bunch of other shit you don't want. Want LED daytime running lights? -> Only on the Premier (I know its available on all models now).

Agreed, let me pick my fuggin options...damn tools

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It will never happen for the simple fact that it would slow down the production lines too much to allow a fully custom optioned vehicle. Companies like Ford, Chevy, etc. are high volume car companies and can’t slow down the lines like that. The less ala carte options offered the faster they can pump them out and get them on the lot.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, let me pick my fuggin options...damn tools
join the Military, get stationed overseas.

AAFES/Navy Exchange have purchase deals with the Big 3. You can select the options you want, in any combo. The vehicle will be built and delivered to you anywhere in Continental US.

I've had quite a few buddies in Guam do this right before flying back stateside. It's the main reason you see some real oddball rigs. Only catch, the option you pick must be available for that model.

So yeah, a 6.2 powered 'Burb with cloth and a sunroof can be had....lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan