23 RST w performance package tranny issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 23 RST 6.2 with the performance package. While on a road trip at about 4900 miles it started making a whining almost grinding noise and the transmission was struggling to shift. As long as I was driving at a steady speed with no hills it seemed OK. Then started making the noise at start up too. I was traveling home to AR from FL. So it's now at a dealer in Alabama. Not getting much help from the dealer or Chevy customer service. Had to pay out of pocket for a rental to get home with hopes that chevy will reimburse me for travel expenses when the car is repaired. The dealer in AL said they didn't have a loaner. Trying to get chevy to get it to my local dealer for repair now, as they said they can get me a loaner. Anyone have any luck with similar situations?

Ken Bike

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The 10 speed has a aluminum clutch basket with steel bushing the rides on the input shaft. The bushing can slide and blocks trans oil to the clutches and they burn up pushing junk to the rest of the transmission. This is a common issue with 2020 -2023 10 speed trans in Ford and GM products. Note they redesigned the 2024 with a retainer ring.

Keep after the Chevy dealer you purchased the car from to cover your tow and rental. Any extra hotel cost ect.

OP
OP
M

Mskazee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought it in Arkansas and it's at service in Alabama. Was traveling when it went out. New Trans was ordered but on back order with no ETA. My selling dealer says they can't provide a loaner and chevy customer service says no reimbursement until repair is complete. I've started a case with BBB autoline. Anyone with experience on this? Curious to how many are having this issue and if anyone has had any luck with a quick turn around on back order?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts