Will 6.0 engine covers fit a 5.3 w/o brackets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tsb09000

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I found a 3 piece set of the plastic 6.0 Denali engine covers on craigslist but I've never actually seen any in person and don't know if they will bolt directly on to my 5.3 or are there any special brackets they use? The seller said the brackets went with the motor but since I'm not aware of any brackets I'm a little lost and google wasn't much help.

Has anybody done this swap sans brackets or could at least tell me if they're necessary?

Thanks

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they will fit, i have then on my yukon they have no brackets you bolt them on with 5 10mm bolts 2 on each side and 1 in the middle, the only thing that may be missing is the rubber grommets that they come with. if i were you i would buy them those things are getting hard to find

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah they bolt right up. Side pieces bolt onto the valve covers, Top just like the stock cover does.

And what grommets? Where are those at on them? Ive had 2 sets and no grommets seen.

carcrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the ones i have got rubber grommets, they work like washers between the covers and the valve covers

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ones i have got rubber grommets, they work like washers between the covers and the valve covers

Never noticed or checked. Im going to go look and see.

thanks

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be done working for the week tomorrow so I'll have to check out my covers to see what mine has!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yamen76