Wife's new ride + Denali grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's plug and play. Just a normal video connector like old school RCA cables. There's a little plastic lock that has to be transfered off the old camera. It just pops off, pay close attention to it. It locks the camera cable on.
Great information here.

I’ve been eyeing the front cam for my Tahoe as I don’t have the HD vision and been wondering how to connect the cam to the main display. So if it’s an RCA style I assume yellow cable how to route cables from the outside all the way thru the firewall and into the head unit.

JestersHK

Reaction score
I have the surround 360 view already on my SLT. Will I still need to swap cameras? Thanks for posting this, and I'm already looking for a grill.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the surround 360 view already on my SLT. Will I still need to swap cameras? Thanks for posting this, and I'm already looking for a grill.
Yes, still have to swap. The way the camera mounts to the Denali grill is different.

Chuyito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Grill delivered this morning, for those that would like to know the part number for the camera it is 84710888 and if you would like to order the hood trim to match the original trim of the Denali, that part # is 84341123. Thanks again for the input hosseface

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hosse……..4 miles…that’s exactly what my Tahoe premier had…off the carrier 10 days old…ran numbers on a Wednesday, scheduled delivery Saturday……Actual arrival on a Thursday, picked up Friday. By The following week I already had TINT, Costco N2 Conversion, Dashcam and within the first month I had ClearBra, LED brake, Tail and Reverse light upgrade. Plus the standard Weather Tech suite of cargo liners, hood deflector, mats etc…

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this was a Yukon thread but…..anyone done a Premier Chrome Grille to a RST or Z71 grille swap…trying to de chrome and get more blending of the Midnight Blue with some darker accents…not necessarily black but definitely darker. Front Grill and mirror caps are the biggest offenders.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tools are needed and how long of a swap we talking? An hour?

HansNoble

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you bud, I just ordered the grill, and will figure out the camera tomorrow, when replacing the camera, did you have to strip wires or does the harness connect as a plug and play?
Just wondering if you figured out the camera for this? I am about to order the grille as well….. just need camera info. Thanks!

Chuyito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering if you figured out the camera for this? I am about to order the grille as well….. just need camera info. Thanks!
I did, I made a post with all the part numbers Ill search for it when I get home and copy it here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt