Wife's new ride + Denali grille swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the wife's new ride -
2021 XL SLT I just happened to luck into and find the day they unloaded it. 4 miles.

Did a Denali grill swap and super happy with it. Very nice upgrade.

Attachments

• 20210919_105757.jpg
    20210919_105757.jpg
    421.1 KB · Views: 101
  • 20210919_144738.jpg
    20210919_144738.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 105

ruise

Reaction score
2021 XL SLT I just happened to luck into and find the day they unloaded it. 4 miles.

Looks great! My last two SLT's I put the Denali grill on and was very happy.

Chuyito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Awesome swap bud, I am looking into doing the same any chance you can help me out with the part number and also, any trouble with the camera housing?

sncourtesy

Reaction score
What did you have do with the front camera to work with the Denali Grille? Did you have to change the camera? I have a SLT on order and will be doing the same swap.

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you will need 2 parts -
The grille and the camera. The camera is totally different.

The trim around the grill is bright chrome on an SLT and polished on a Denali. I discovered once I had my grill off, the outer trim was just held in by two bolts and clips. So I took the chrome trim off of my grill, and put the chrome trim on the Denali grill.

The part number for the grill is 84835783. I found it cheapest from OEM PartSource for like $620 plus $30 shipping. The camera was around $150, however unfortunately do not have that part number anymore. I would just get the last eight off the VIN of a Denali (random ebay or something) then call your local parts department and ask for the front camera part number.

Chuyito

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you bud, I just ordered the grill, and will figure out the camera tomorrow, when replacing the camera, did you have to strip wires or does the harness connect as a plug and play?

OP
OP
hosseface

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you bud, I just ordered the grill, and will figure out the camera tomorrow, when replacing the camera, did you have to strip wires or does the harness connect as a plug and play?
It's plug and play. Just a normal video connector like old school RCA cables. There's a little plastic lock that has to be transfered off the old camera. It just pops off, pay close attention to it. It locks the camera cable on.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I've been pricing out SLTs with the Duramax, and as an XL Denali owner for several years now I've been questioning whether a Denali is worth the extra $10K. Great to know that the grille is an easy swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011