Wife washed Tahoe....IM EXTREMELY ANNOYED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When she gets back I'm taking it to be professionally detailed. I decided I have put enough time into this year with 2 full detailings. I don't want to do a third. She won't be doing it again after the bill comes. Lol.

Make sure you research who is going to detail it. There are a lot of clowns out there claiming to be "professional detailers". Most of these clowns use a rotary and end up putting in swirls and burning the paint.

Do your homework before you hand out your ride to get detailed. ;)

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rege---I am taking it to a place by my house called Cruzin car wash and detail.

A customer of mine takes his black show camaro there and has been super impressed with the guys work. The customer is just as OCD and particular as me.

Rege I wish you lived closer!!!!

Regency

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just looked them up and the reviews weren't so good...
But dude same I would totally hook you up

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, bro. This is exactly why my wife and inlaws know to never attempt washing our Tahoe.

That being said, I'm sure you're going to be fine, especially since you take really good care of your paint. Plus it's WDT. X2 on meticulously interviewing a detailer before you let them touch your truck.

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
I just told my girlfriend to wash my car since I work all the time. But after reading this.......I'M STRAIGHT!!!! Sorry about your incident.....

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just told my girlfriend to wash my car since I work all the time. But after reading this.......I'M STRAIGHT!!!! Sorry about your incident.....

Yeah, plus she'll probably attempt to take it thru a carwash :nono: which is even worse. yikes! Or as someone else mentioned, use some crappy brush or towel to wash and dry. Double-yikes!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^I didn't realize how bad crappy towels were for washing/drying until recently... micro fiber is definitely the way to go.

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same Felix. I didn't realize until I did a lot of research and reading a year ago. I used a cotton mitt once and even with the two bucket method and grit guards, I marred my paint. after that I've used nothing but microfiber. I hear sheepskin mitts are good also.

Waffle weave microfiber is for drying. I use just the hose to flood rinse the entire vehicle right before I go to dry. Then you can lay the waffle weave on the paint and either blot, or lightly drag it, so only the weight of the towel is on the vehicle. It will absorb the water as you go. I do this along with a spray wax. you can even finish with a plush microfiber for a nice hand buffed finish although I've found my waffle weave does the trick for me.

Kman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I use an electric leaf blower to get all the heavy water off my rides after I wash and rinse them (gets all the water out from all the little crevices and door jams). I then spray a light mist of detail spray on each panel as I wipe dry with a microfiber. REALLY cuts down on swirls, especially on a dark color car.

EDIT: Touching the paint as least as possible regardless of how soft the towel or whatever you use to dry the car, the less swirls you'll have.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo