Wife washed Tahoe....IM EXTREMELY ANNOYED!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my wife is over at her parents house right now and decided to wash the Tahoe, her parents were out of Car wash so she decided to use DAWN DISHSOAP!!

I just did a extremely good detail on it about 2 months ago, everything got claybarred and waxed even did my wheels, Is all my hard work which was done in the evenings after working 12 hr shifts completely ruined??? (it freaking took me 2 1/2 evenings to wash/claybar and wax)

I have heard that DAWN is good to use for stripping all the wax off to start fresh...if this is true, will anything happen to the paint if i dont have a chance to wax it, in the next couple months??

Thanks, a very pissed off and annoyed husband, she's calls me at work for everything else but couldnt call me for this!!!! hahahaha! DAMN!!!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
You should be good as lomg as you re-wax it before mid March. You have a white car so that is also on your side. If you had a black model you would be seeing swirl mania right now.

OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
even with all the De-Icer and stuff that they put down in my area??

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh I did not even look at what area you were in. With salts on the road you will need it re-waxed and sealed as soon as possible. Down here in Texas, the winter is mild and the sun is not harsh, so wax is not as crucial.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of this.

I don't mean to rub it in.......

However, this is why I firmly believe in having the significant other take part in your interests......

If she was with you as you toiled claying and waxing...... if she took part in helping you....... if she even just sat there and watched you.......

Its called investment....... either time or labor. Just saying.....

Make her wax it..... never again will dish soap be a issue.

From my CB Radio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
2011Tahoe

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have her help GIB, but with 2 boys only 2yrs old and 8months it is tough. It only gets waxed when she goes over to see her parents for a couple days. I do agree though about sharing interests maybe once the kids grow up a little more.

ALL4WD

Reaction score
I would have her help GIB, but with 2 boys only 2yrs old and 8months it is tough. It only gets waxed when she goes over to see her parents for a couple days. I do agree though about sharing interests maybe once the kids grow up a little more.
The claybar effort is not wasted and I'm guessing that was the most time consuming part. I'd just give it a quick wash (check out Optimum No Rinse if you haven't already) and then just use a spray wax to get you by until your next full detail (Optimum Spray Wax is also very very good.)

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Divorce her!

Just kidding. As already said, the dish soap has striped off the wax on there. If it was mine, I would rewash and re wax.
I make my wife help me and hAve taught her the correct way to detail her car, not that it matters because I am the only one that washes it.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Identify her most expensive dress and shoes, throw them in washer, then dryer, when she next comes home ... ta DAAAAA, sweet revenge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo