Why does the horn chirp when the door is closed upon exit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get out of my '16 Denali and leave someone inside the horn will chirp twice. It doesn't chirp if you are the last one out. Is that a feature to keep you from leaving a kid in the car? I've searched the owners manual and couldn't find mention of the feature. Just curious if others have noticed that. I guess it is a good feature.

Dennis

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that the horn chirps twice if you step out the truck with the key fob on you while the truck is on..... I guess it's a feature to remind you that your truck is still running ...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine chirps when the Tahoe is still running and you take the fob out, but it doesn't chirp until any of the doors close.

If you ever drop your wife off at the door and she has the fob in her purse it's a good reminder if you go park...that you will not be starting the truck again to go pick her up. ;-)

OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, that explains it. When it chirps it is when my wife is still in the car with her purse and key fob. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts