Whoosh Sound From Left Front Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2005 Yukon Denali does this same exact whoosh noise to. I figured it was hydroboost noise. Seems to be coming from that area. Essentially directly behind my instrument cluster on the other side of the firewall.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a restriction in a line somewhere, hydro boost or power steering. Are all your hoses good with no kinks? Sometimes a hose can have a too- sharp bend that doesn’t look like anything but the inside is restricted. Then once pressure is up the sound goes away.

CFD Jerry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I now leaning towards something brake related and here is why...Traffic was moving pretty good and it came to a super fast stop and that right front sounded horrible when braking to stop... Then just driving a little bit more seemed way off with weird sounds... So need to check that out.... Just diminished a Total Nightmare... Passenger side blend door actuator that is the one buried in the dash... I will do a post on it and whoever designed it and put it there I guess it looked good on paper and not thought given but to let the dealerships make a fortune changing it....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I now leaning towards something brake related and here is why...Traffic was moving pretty good and it came to a super fast stop and that right front sounded horrible when braking to stop... Then just driving a little bit more seemed way off with weird sounds... So need to check that out.... Just diminished a Total Nightmare... Passenger side blend door actuator that is the one buried in the dash... I will do a post on it and whoever designed it and put it there I guess it looked good on paper and not thought given but to let the dealerships make a fortune changing it....

Collapsed brake line?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did that actuator, not fun. I was able to get the right side of the dash to pry up just enough to get to it. Still a good 2 hour job. The SM says to remove the whole dash cage assy. which is more like 6 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645