Who had their 21’s out in the snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great stuff! No idea where that was shot, but it looks like almost my backyard with less than 1/4 of the snow.

Watch carefully the rear wheel suspension travel. What an incredible demonstration of the IRS. I realize that the air is set to maximum height - but it just blows away my 1999 PPV that seemed to have almost no articulation by comparison.

Also good shot of one of the LPO wheels. Much more attractive to my eye than the RPO High Country wheel.

OP
OP
B

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JMHO but this video doesn’t really show or prove much. Any reasonable AWD CUV would negotiate that course in basically the same fashion.
Let see it try to extricate itself from a ditch or snowbank and report back....

If you’re a good driver you should avoid ditches and snow banks. That being said there are some videos out there of the 21 Tahoe overcoming steep hills.
I didn’t post the video to prove anything. I posted it for entertainment.

Alex Gales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So coming from a '16 Silverado 2500HD High Country the Tahoe ride was a bit different. I find myself driving a bit more careful LOL. I used the Auto setting on snow and slush and handling certainly improved from 2WD. I placed the truck in 4WD to play around and felt even more confident in the handling.

The power running boards however froze in place. (At least the drivers side did) Once it broke free on it's own, I shut the drivers door and it must have had a piece of ice blocking it. It opened and closed numerous times, finally settling about half closed. Once I was able to get the ice out, it returned to normal function.

ang2bmd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yep because I had too! It drove like a dream!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

drmoose

Reaction score
I had 21 Suburban LT Sign. down at Mt Bachelor, in late February. The drive down was through a heavy snowstorm in the Pac NW, and lots of snow daily in Sunriver, OR. I have to say it handled the best on snow of any vehicle I have driven. The tires (continental, rated M+S) were very good I thought. I ran it in 4WD when there was snow on the pavement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10