Who Bought Extended Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any regrets? I'm considering a similar extended warranty. Seems like it's paid for if you have one major issue like transmission or something. Also, looking through my paperwork it's a one page contract selecting the plan. Is that normal? Seems like there should be a list of inclusions or exclusions somewhere - I see some info on the website. Thoughts?
None, we are getting it refunded since our vehicle is being swapped under lemon law.

Side note, I bought a used '14 Silverado last month with 115k miles on it for 20k. Got an extended warranty from Route 66 through PenFed for 3 years/36k miles, $0 deductible for $1295. Transmission went out last week so it has already paid for itself.

JP63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We paid too much for the extended warranty on our '15 Suburban, around 4 or 5k, but they paid out close to 10k in repairs including brake pump, A/C condenser, transmission and a few other things. We got $1700 back when we traded it in.

We paid $1700 for the one for the '21 Denali. Dealer was supposed to match the offer I had from Penfed which sells an extended warranty for only $995, however they got me a lower interest rate which more than made up for the higher warranty cost.
dude that ain't bad! $4-$5k minus $1700 in exchange for $10,000. I hear ya, in that you could have gotten it cheaper but it sounds like it paid for itself!

JP63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just double checked GMEPP on my other vehicle. 84 months are stacked on top of factory 36 making it total of 10 years from date of original purchase.
Dude that's killer. Good job. And you paid for it with 2021 dollars........inflation is gonna hurt the warranty company really bad! lol.

JP63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2019 Yukon Denali with 36,371 on it. I bought a VSC through the dealer; it's through Ally it's the "Major Guard", which extends the warranty by 5 years and 60k miles. So she's covered till January of 2027 or until it hits 96,371 miles. It has a $100 deductible and I got it for $2700 bucks.

Did I get hosed or is that a good deal?

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you buy one, shop around on price. You don’t have to buy from your purchase dealer or even a local dealer. Cheapest I found was Todd Sutherland at Thompson Auto. His price was drastically lower than any other for the GMEPP. Second cheapest but by a wide margin to Todd was Dennis Fichtner at Laurel Chevrolet and both were significantly less than our purchase dealer quoted (who by the way claimed their quote was at cost and they weren’t making money at that level).

I did 48months/48K miles, Platinum, $0 deductible and paid $785. Our purchase dealer quoted at $1900.

Edited to add, I have no affiliation with any of the mentioned people/dealers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts