Who Bought Extended Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on your personnel situation, there is no one size fits all on this. If you are busy and don't do your own work and have no time for truck repairs, the warranty may be worth it to you.

If you have time to work on your own truck and do your own repairs, the warranty is not worth it(my situation). Keep in mind you guys saying "I paid 2k but the warranty covered 4k in repairs" those are dealer parts/labor rates. A DIY job would be a fraction of those dealer costs........

I think for example the dealer may charge $1000+ to repair the power lift gate actuators, when you can buy the parts for $200 from a wholesaler and do it yourself.

wendal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We paid too much for the extended warranty on our '15 Suburban, around 4 or 5k, but they paid out close to 10k in repairs including brake pump, A/C condenser, transmission and a few other things. We got $1700 back when we traded it in.

We paid $1700 for the one for the '21 Denali. Dealer was supposed to match the offer I had from Penfed which sells an extended warranty for only $995, however they got me a lower interest rate which more than made up for the higher warranty cost.
@Gibby13 , what were the terms for your $1700 plan, months/miles?

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extended warranty companies are profitable, which means on average customers pay more then the benefit they receive (obviously their are outliers). If someone isn't an enthusiast in regards to using a warranty don't buy one. If you have a thing about having the vehicle in the shop then get one. I'm absolutely certain that specific customers drive a behavior which results in greater extended warranty usage then other customers. The users know who they are :); they need to buy the warranties.

shock

Reaction score
It is GMEPP that I bought through the dealer. I see the site says it is going mobile app only soon. I wonder if they just stopped uploading data recently on the website.

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
72 months, 100,000 miles, $200 deductible
Major Guard from Ally - https://www.ally.com/auto/vehicle-protection/service-contracts.html
Any regrets? I'm considering a similar extended warranty. Seems like it's paid for if you have one major issue like transmission or something. Also, looking through my paperwork it's a one page contract selecting the plan. Is that normal? Seems like there should be a list of inclusions or exclusions somewhere - I see some info on the website. Thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberv96