Who Bought Extended Warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
We’ve purchased CPO vehicles only two years old, new showroom cars, a NBS YXL Denali, then a NNBS and lastly a NNBS Escalade Plat ESV.

Only the later Esky doesn’t have any warranty. The technology is so readily available in parts and service that almost everything is predictable.

However, any other vehicle, yes, it’s getting a service contract, CPO or dealer backed extended warranty. There’s no way I’d ever be put over a barrel with an unscrupulous dealer or an odd repair that would bury 2-$5k into the vehicle.

Throughout the years all our CPO, VSC OE Ext Factory warranty has put us way ahead to the tune of 10’s of thousands of $. You’ve must be diligent and match the upcoming scheduled maintenance against whatever is covered as well as verify any leak or seal is repaired while it’s covered. One thing deff leads to another if left unaddressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
A

AMA1295

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ended-up with the 84mo/100k GMEPP which I paid ~$3600 for. Based on feedback here it seems like I might have overpaid, but when u go price it on GM website it says $4,200 for the 60mo/60k mile plan and that's the longest term offered (maybe the 84mo is only available from the dealer)? So based on that it seems like I got an okay deal.... but who knows

Jsenky

Reaction score
I paid $1400 for my extended warranty on my ‘21 yukon at4. With all the moving parts (rectracting steps etc) and all the computers plus it being the first model year i figured why not.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
I ended-up with the 84mo/100k GMEPP which I paid ~$3600 for. Based on feedback here it seems like I might have overpaid, but when u go price it on GM website it says $4,200 for the 60mo/60k mile plan and that's the longest term offered (maybe the 84mo is only available from the dealer)? So based on that it seems like I got an okay deal.... but who knows

More than the price, the real issue is coverage period. Out of those 84 months, 36 were already covered by factory warranty. It's better to wait till you are in 34th month and then shop for one, that would have gotten you real additional 84 months.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More than the price, the real issue is coverage period. Out of those 84 months, 36 were already covered by factory warranty. It's better to wait till you are in 34th month and then shop for one, that would have gotten you real additional 84 months.

No it wouldn't, and it would cost you more. If they only go 6 years when new, there is no logic that they will just offer the same 6 years after the 3 year factory warranty is up....These companies know the risks and logic of not insuring beyond a certain point, unless you are willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money, which in that case you should just save it for repairs that may never happen, or use it for your next down payment....

OP
OP
A

AMA1295

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

So I basically got a 48mo warranty then? Guess it could be worse... I can always modify the term down the road.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
No it wouldn't, and it would cost you more. If they only go 6 years when new, there is no logic that they will just offer the same 6 years after the 3 year factory warranty is up....These companies know the risks and logic of not insuring beyond a certain point, unless you are willing to pay exorbitant amounts of money, which in that case you should just save it for repairs that may never happen, or use it for your next down payment....

I just double checked GMEPP on my other vehicle. 84 months are stacked on top of factory 36 making it total of 10 years from date of original purchase.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
So I basically got a 48mo warranty then? Guess it could be worse... I can always modify the term down the road.
Assuming you got the GMEPP and not some 3rd party one, check the papers you received. It lists the contract expiry date/mileage.

OP
OP
A

AMA1295

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Assuming you got the GMEPP and not some 3rd party one, check the papers you received. It lists the contract expiry date/mileage.

Yea it's the GMEPP. The piece of paper I got from the dealer has surprisingly little info on it, I assume I'll get more sometime soon in the mail.

Yukon21Denali

Reaction score
Yea it's the GMEPP. The piece of paper I got from the dealer has surprisingly little info on it, I assume I'll get more sometime soon in the mail.
You can login to my.gmc.com and check the warranty there, it should show the extended period.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645