Who bough Yukon or Tahoe does mpgs increase after breakin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought an Tahoe rst 6.2 with 10 speed but poor milage on first 300 miles dealer check it out and no error or codes. They told me wait till 3k is when engine is fully broken in . I'm getting like 8 or sometimes 9 miles per gallon if divide fuel by miles traveled when I fill up. Does the computer taken time to adjust fuel mode

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Mine increased after I broke the rear diff. That’s because I didn’t use it much. $20 bucks lasted a long time

OP
OP
Jorge1313

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I
Jorge, were going to have to combine all of your gas mileage threads as you have 3 going all at one time. LOL.
im a stressed out concerned Tahoe new member cause I paid over 70 k I sure want my moneys worth not a lemon .And your right it just I’m anxious to know if this vechile I bought has a problem . I guess it might be rare to have an mpg issue in something new. And no one has given me a good detail of the breaking in.

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I

im a stressed out concerned Tahoe new member cause I paid over 70 k I sure want my moneys worth not a lemon .And your right it just I’m anxious to know if this vechile I bought has a problem . I guess it might be rare to have an mpg issue in something new. And no one has given me a good detail of the breaking in.

So... between these two other threads you started:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/tahoe-6-2-with-10-speed-milage-issue-buyer-remorse.106573/

And
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...mpgs-please-post-your-mpgs-to-compare.106583/

There are actually quite a few posts and responses from various owners experience with mileage based on different driving styles. Some various owners have given you feedback of their experience getting low 9-12 MPGs (that’s right in the range of what you’re experiencing). So If other owners are reporting how they experience MPG’s close to your range based on various driving styles how does any of that support “might be rare to have an mpg issue in something new” ?

This member goes on to talk about if they’re driving lots of short small trips then they see low MPG too.

What kind of driving are you doing? If it's just short trips of 2-3 miles per time, then I see really low milage, too.

Yes I am doing low mileage driving not much a week I’ll say most more on weekends mostly city driving but not heavy traffic

You respond and say that is the type of driving you’re doing.

There’s been multiple posts in your other threads about new engine “break-in” from myself and other users. Giving advice and their experiences.

But to clarify a little further so that we’re all on the same page...

You purchase a brand new Tahoe RST with the 6.2L engine; 6.2 and 10 speed in the RST I believe is the “performance package”. A full size performance SUV with the largest engine option available. Yet your biggest most #1 concern that has you stressed out and worried that you got a “lemon” is the poor gas mileage you’re experiencing?

To be honest if the #1 concern and experience you care about is gas mileage then maybe you purchased the wrong type of vehicle.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I havnt read your other threads, just this one, but...

You should be getting 20 mpg pretty easily.

Something is definitely fishy.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So... between these two other threads you started:
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/tahoe-6-2-with-10-speed-milage-issue-buyer-remorse.106573/

And
https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thr...mpgs-please-post-your-mpgs-to-compare.106583/

There are actually quite a few posts and responses from various owners experience with mileage based on different driving styles. Some various owners have given you feedback of their experience getting low 9-12 MPGs (that’s right in the range of what you’re experiencing). So If other owners are reporting how they experience MPG’s close to your range based on various driving styles how does any of that support “might be rare to have an mpg issue in something new” ?

This member goes on to talk about if they’re driving lots of short small trips then they see low MPG too.

You respond and say that is the type of driving you’re doing.

There’s been multiple posts in your other threads about new engine “break-in” from myself and other users. Giving advice and their experiences.

But to clarify a little further so that we’re all on the same page...

You purchase a brand new Tahoe RST with the 6.2L engine; 6.2 and 10 speed in the RST I believe is the “performance package”. A full size performance SUV with the largest engine option available. Yet your biggest most #1 concern that has you stressed out and worried that you got a “lemon” is the poor gas mileage you’re experiencing?

To be honest if the #1 concern and experience you care about is gas mileage then maybe you purchased the wrong type of vehicle.
X2.... nicely put cmoore

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure he may have a performance suv.. but regardless, his average mpg’s is less than half what it should be. Something is wrong.

Half of what it should be... According to what exactly?

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bought an Tahoe rst 6.2 with 10 speed but poor milage on first 300 miles dealer check it out and no error or codes. They told me wait till 3k is when engine is fully broken in . I'm getting like 8 or sometimes 9 miles per gallon if divide fuel by miles traveled when I fill up. Does the computer taken time to adjust fuel mode
You have to let the computer work but you only have 300+ miles is not enough.
Look this picks just from Brick NJ to Williamsburg VA 2 weeks ago.
Look the fuel range.6e8f87a7ef52f5260f1469517ba3c0f9.jpgIMG_20180826_134308.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk