Which one do i want?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife and I started our new SUV search a couple weeks ago. We started looking at Expedition and yukon. Pretty much have it narrowed down to the Yukon now. Should we look at the Tahoe/Burb? Our budget is under 55k$ under 50k mileage. Have found a couple Denali that we really like as well but are open to anything in the Tahoe/Yukon class.

Is there any real difference between the Tahoe and Yukon? Seems like you get more truck with the Tahoe when it comes to money. Is the Denali worth the extra for the 6.2?
Let me explain why I would go with General Motors. Ford is using smaller engines that are turbocharged. This makes the engines work much harder and will shorten Engine life. (Thanks EPA) When possible, always try to buy a normally aspirated V-8 engine. I'm not anti-Ford, I have a 2005 mustang that I like a lot. But I would not be getting a Ford SUV.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me explain why I would go with General Motors. Ford is using smaller engines that are turbocharged. This makes the engines work much harder and will shorten Engine life. (Thanks EPA) When possible, always try to buy a normally aspirated V-8 engine. I'm not anti-Ford, I have a 2005 mustang that I like a lot. But I would not be getting a Ford SUV.

What about a 6.2l V8 with forced induction? :D
2FB0852A-5A90-4B6D-B8B3-EB4C51483064.jpeg
8D82458C-3749-4F04-B5E2-5B6EB3B43C10.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

hot pockets

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok looks like we're dialed in to to the Denali XL or Escalade/Escalade ESV mainly for the 6.2 and 10spd. Surprisingly we can get into a 19 Esky cheaper then a 19 Denali. Is the caddy that easy of a decision?

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok looks like we're dialed in to to the Denali XL or Escalade/Escalade ESV mainly for the 6.2 and 10spd. Surprisingly we can get into a 19 Esky cheaper then a 19 Denali. Is the caddy that easy of a decision?
Yes

“I would much rather have the base model, peasant Tahoe/Yukon instead of the Escalade!”

-no one

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade has way better headlights which are LED that never blows out and is way sharper than the Denali. I love Escalades especially the suspension magnetic ride. The Escalade has sport, tour and winter settings where you can change the suspension. 16 speaker Bose Centerpoint which Tahoe & GMC have 10 speakers. If you live where it snows stay away from the power steps. Cadillac has better service dept. with loaners and comes with 50k / 4 year vs 36k / 3 year. The Cadillac has full HD cluster which you can change. You can get the platinum which has 20 way front seats with messaging & better leather, center refrigerator & more TV’s. The Luxury & Premium are also nice.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade has 360 cameras and rear camera mirror also. The side mirrors are bigger and better. How many Tahoe and Denali owners here have upgrade there mirror for the Escalade.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - you are required to use premium gas with the 6.2L for that extra 65 hp. You can determine if its worth it over the long run. The space behind 3rd row is tiny on short body, but if you rarely use last row, you will be fine...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal