Which one do i want?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Escalade has 360 cameras and rear camera mirror also. The side mirrors are bigger and better. How many Tahoe and Denali owners here have upgrade there mirror for the Escalade.
I’ve upgrade my 16, 17 and now 20 to the bigger mirrors.

Bagherra

Reaction score
Before i got my '16 Denali, i test drove a '15 Tahoe Premier and aside from gauges, it was exactly the same interior. But i love the look of the Denali and that 6.2L is a beast...

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IS this a direct swap?
Yes. Everything except the cameras on the mirrors functions the same as the factory Tahoe/Yukon mirrors, but, the features need to match. I.E. heat, blingspot, turn signal and power fold. If your factory mirror is missing a feature, just adding the Esky mirrors with the feature will not make the feature start working.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started my search as well and was decided on a 17 or better Yukon but reading this thread is giving me pause. Not interested in the Denali or Esky as I want more of a truck vs a luxury car and definitely don't want to buy premium gas. The extra power of 6.2 sounds nice but would go to waste since it's just me and the lady these days. If hit 90 on the highway I consider myself flying lol. My budget won't get me an 18 or better with less than 70k which is max mileage I'd like to purchase. May just risk it on a 17 and convince myself that I'm happy.:D

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've started my search as well and was decided on a 17 or better Yukon but reading this thread is giving me pause. Not interested in the Denali or Esky as I want more of a truck vs a luxury car and definitely don't want to buy premium gas. The extra power of 6.2 sounds nice but would go to waste since it's just me and the lady these days. If hit 90 on the highway I consider myself flying lol. My budget won't get me an 18 or better with less than 70k which is max mileage I'd like to purchase. May just risk it on a 17 and convince myself that I'm happy.:D
Well, I can tell you if you do the 5.3 find one with factory tow package and brake controller. That will net you 3.42 gears vs the 3.08 gear. Its a night and day difference in how they drive. 15 to 20 in the 5.3 only had the 6 speed trans. So it kinda opens up your market a bit. I bought a 15 burb with 3.42 gear and its the next best thing to the 6.2. I have had a few 6.2 trucks and some 5.3. This one is the best 5.3 I have owned. Plenty of pep and gets good mileage. Best so far is 30 average on freeway. The SLT Yukon is pretty on par with the LTZ/Premier package in Suburban and Tahoes. Still has the nice but not the top end stuff.

Suggest staying away from AWD and 4wd unless its needed, its additional expense and maint.

Myself I will be on to an Escalade next myself. Figured I should do it once in life.

Last edited:

kaiserwillie

Reaction score
Let me explain why I would go with General Motors. Ford is using smaller engines that are turbocharged. This makes the engines work much harder and will shorten Engine life. (Thanks EPA) When possible, always try to buy a normally aspirated V-8 engine. I'm not anti-Ford, I have a 2005 mustang that I like a lot. But I would not be getting a Ford SUV.
I agree about the v6 turbo charges engines in the expeditions. Ford made a big mistake in my book. I owned 2 expeditions. The last one I kept for 10 yrs. When I was shopping for a replacement the v6 totally turned me off. I ended up with 2013 Nissan Armada which I didn't really like but got a great deal on (should have known something was up). When the new Tahoes and Yukons came out in 2015 I knew I wanted one. Ended up with a 2016 Yukon SLT and so far I love it.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I can tell you if you do the 5.3 find one with factory tow package and brake controller. That will net you 3.42 gears vs the 3.08 gear. Its a night and day difference in how they drive. 15 to 20 in the 5.3 only had the 6 speed trans. So it kinda opens up your market a bit. I bought a 15 burb with 3.55 gear and its the next best thing to the 6.2. I have had a few 6.2 trucks and some 5.3. This one is the best 5.3 I have owned. Plenty of pep and gets good mileage. Best so far is 30 average on freeway. The SLT Yukon is pretty on par with the LTZ/Premier package in Suburban and Tahoes. Still has the nice but not the top end stuff.

Suggest staying away from AWD and 4wd unless its needed, its additional expense and maint.

Myself I will be on to an Escalade next myself. Figured I should do it once in life.
3.42 gear ratio and not axle ratio correct? Got a fish on the line so to speak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts